no junk challenge!!

lenapasc
lenapasc Posts: 5 Member
Today, Im going on a 21 day no junk food challenge! !! I feel like im alone on this so feel free to join in on the challenge!! The challenge starts today (21.03.16) and ends on the 11th of April!!
This food you'll be avoiding are:
Chocolate
White bread
Sweet cereals
Cookies, biscuits and donuts
Fast food
No candy
Peanut butter or nutella (any sugary spreads)
Pastries
Ice cream
Chips
Sodas

Let the challenge be done positively :)

Replies

• belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 148 Member
    I've already done it. give yourself 2 weeks to make it through. it's incredibly hard to break old habits. eat a balance of protein, nutritious fruit and vegetables. I replaced a lot of the bread and junk with brown rice, then eventually weaned off rice. food prep every sunday evening.
  • Dawnconner1983
    Dawnconner1983 Posts: 35 Member
    I'm going to give it a go. :) I'm having a really hard time knocking out the soda so maybe this challenge will help with that. I usually eat on the go and if I forget my protein bar I'll probably break the no fast food rule, but I'll try to opt for a salad or something instead. Good luck! :smiley:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Chocolate is not junk and dark chocolate is quite good for you. Peanut butter... Also not junk. High quality fat, protein, and fiber. Fast food? Many fast food places sell salad. A cup of chili and a baked potato is a pretty filling and healthy meal for less than 400 calories. Soda? Zevia is zero calorie, tastes pretty good and sweetened with stevia.
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    I'd like to join, but not sure how to..

I have an issue with Coca Cola and love my chips/crackers. So this challenge is something I could really use

Thanks
  • LesleyL30
    LesleyL30 Posts: 16 Member
    belfle wrote: »
    I've already done it. give yourself 2 weeks to make it through. it's incredibly hard to break old habits. eat a balance of protein, nutritious fruit and vegetables. I replaced a lot of the bread and junk with brown rice, then eventually weaned off rice. food prep every sunday evening.

Oh my goodness! I did it almost 3 years ago, was the hardest 2 weeks but now I barely even want anything sweet ever. I mean if I have a donut or something of course my brain is like "more! So yummy" but once it's done I'm fine. It'll take me a solid 3 days to finish a Sprite Zero IF I even finish it!

It's totally worth it and you will feel so amazing after you kick the junk!! You can do it!!
  • lenapasc
    lenapasc Posts: 5 Member
    Chocolate is not junk and dark chocolate is quite good for you. Peanut butter... Also not junk. High quality fat, protein, and fiber. Fast food? Many fast food places sell salad. A cup of chili and a baked potato is a pretty filling and healthy meal for less than 400 calories. Soda? Zevia is zero calorie, tastes pretty good and sweetened with stevia.

Dude those foods i listed are foods im addicted to and BINGE on them (im a binge eater/bulimic in recovery ). Peanut butter and chocolate (even dark) are the worst for me. I know they are healthy, but not in big amounts. I want to cut them out in order to have control.
    And *flash news* sodas are unhealthy even without colories. Just because foods are low in calories don't mean they're healthy.
  • michaeyayyyy
    michaeyayyyy Posts: 67 Member
    I would like to join if not to late
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    I'll be doing this, but with minimalism.
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Had a Coca Cola today. 1/ this afternoon and 1/2 this evening.