High calorie Shake ideas?

Options

Replies

• jsbillingslea
    jsbillingslea Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    mannymoos3 wrote: »
    easiest way is to drink half an half, its 320cals for 8oz so its a strong base for any shake, tastes better than milk. i like to add 1 serving of chocolate syrup to 16oz of half to make chocolate milk an comes out to 740cals

Awesome thanks!!
  • sarahsmith0325
    sarahsmith0325 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 105 lbs I am trying to get to 125-135 lbs I tried the mixing shakes thing it's great for calorie intake don't get me wrong, BUT with the time it takes in making them every day it annoyed me lol, Ensure shakes have 220 calories per shake and I drink them after each meal and sometimes in between if I'm having a hard time meeting my calorie goal. They are premade and come in a 6 pack and I actually think they taste pretty good, I love the milk chocolate flavored one!
  • jsbillingslea
    jsbillingslea Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 105 lbs I am trying to get to 125-135 lbs I tried the mixing shakes thing it's great for calorie intake don't get me wrong, BUT with the time it takes in making them every day it annoyed me lol, Ensure shakes have 220 calories per shake and I drink them after each meal and sometimes in between if I'm having a hard time meeting my calorie goal. They are premade and come in a 6 pack and I actually think they taste pretty good, I love the milk chocolate flavored one!

Hey! I actually drink Boost I've been drinking them for a while and they are pretty tasty The only bad thing is they are pretty expensive especially when drinking multiple a day. I was drinking boost plus which had around 350 calories but those cost even more than the regular ones
  • Rick_Nelson81
    Rick_Nelson81 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Fruit smoothies with Greek yogurt and milk with some carrots, nuts and raw oats.
  • lilspeedymat
    lilspeedymat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello.
    I am currently 112 pounds and 5'7 my goal is to gain to at least 120 preferably 125. I have been tracking my calorie intake for over a week now and I average about 2,500 calories per day sometimes more. I do not exercise at all, but I am having a very hard time gaining weight. I understand that I need to eat more but it is actually hard to increase my calorie intake. Do you guys have any high-calorie shake recipes that you can share? I am new to this so any information will help.

A hand full of porridge oats 150ml of milk a hand full of almonds 1 banana a hand full of frozen berries a scoop of icecream an apple and a spoon of peanut butter if your not allergic works fime without tho

jessef593 wrote: »
    1-2 cups whole fat milk
    .5 cup oatmeal
    2 tablespoons gainzbutter
    1 banana
    1 scoop whey protein

This is terrible for your gut and intestine try using hemp protein bananas and oatmeal with almond milk
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hello.
    I am currently 112 pounds and 5'7 my goal is to gain to at least 120 preferably 125. I have been tracking my calorie intake for over a week now and I average about 2,500 calories per day sometimes more. I do not exercise at all, but I am having a very hard time gaining weight. I understand that I need to eat more but it is actually hard to increase my calorie intake. Do you guys have any high-calorie shake recipes that you can share? I am new to this so any information will help.

A hand full of porridge oats 150ml of milk a hand full of almonds 1 banana a hand full of frozen berries a scoop of icecream an apple and a spoon of peanut butter if your not allergic works fime without tho

jessef593 wrote: »
    1-2 cups whole fat milk
    .5 cup oatmeal
    2 tablespoons gainzbutter
    1 banana
    1 scoop whey protein

This is terrible for your gut and intestine try using hemp protein bananas and oatmeal with almond milk

What? Whey protein is a lot more effective than hemp and there is nothing special about almond milk. Neither of these will be better for your gut or intestine.
  • DannyDLong
    DannyDLong Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue I started at 160 now I'm 170 it's only been 1 month.... I don't have the discipline to mix shakes every morning and get my son out to school. So I added 6 boild eggs to my breakfast. And make sure I eat 3 meals every day and one snack between each meal.... whenever I remember the shake i do it. (Also gym 2x a week heavy weight low reps)
  • ivanaallen92
    ivanaallen92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello.

Try apetamin.Google it
  • charlieaulert
    charlieaulert Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Mutant mass.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Shakes dont have to be labor intensive. If you get a protein powder that mixes fairly easily (I'm currently using ETB natural vanilla whey) you can throw a scoop or two into a shaker bottle with whole milk (maybe that half and half idea would help too) and shake it up while walking to your car or sitting at your desk. No blender to clean, mess free, and usually drink it along with some medjool dates (60 calories each, and they are so delicious I could easily eat 5 of them throughout the morning) or a peanut butter banana sandwich.
  • gregbrown24
    gregbrown24 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have one scoop protein powder, banana, and a scoop of peanut butter. Blend it up and drink away! every morning.
    Good luck!
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    100 grams blended oats, 100 grams blended flax seed, 2 tbsp of PB and 30g of whey, pour 500ml of full fat milk over it and be happy
  • lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    1 cup whole milk, 1 banana, 1or 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 or 2 scoops ice cream of your choice (I use chocolate or vanilla)...u can also put in fruit, yogurt, oats, and nuts. I sometimes put in a bottle of Ensure Plus for extra calories! Its really good and has lots of calories....hope this helps...good luck!
  • yaaros
    yaaros Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please suggest protein dense foods to replace those protein powders. I want to do gaining weight in natural way, and to save money by replacing protein powders by foods... Is there any better side for using protein powders instead food?
  • diverroboz
    diverroboz Posts: 61 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have one scoop protein powder, banana, and a scoop of peanut butter. Blend it up and drink away! every morning.
    Good luck!

Oats are natural, affordable and also healthy and you can get gluten free! Oats have NO GLUTEN, but the growers and distribution chain share the same plants to gather and process the product as wheat! Oats are high in protein 17% and have lots of healthy fibre and lower blood cholesterol and are low in Glycemic Index.

Eggs are so easy when boiled to pop in a lunch or snack box for later. Add them to your shake instead of Whey Powder. 6 grams Protein per egg,and dietary cholesterol has been cleared as a health risk in clinical trials.

Flaxseed, sesame and Sunflower are all great for protein and good ways to go, the natural way!

Coconut Oil is supreme inside your body and outside. Rubbed into your back by partner, to relax those tired muscles! Massage is also benefitial for reducing inflammation by warming theuscle,promoting blood flow etc. It might lead toanother cardio workout if you light some candles... itz all good!! Lol!!

It has amazing properties - check out Google!
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post - I hadn't realized that oats had protein. My DH has lost his appetite due to health reasons and I'm trying to find different calorie-dense foods for him to eat. He stopped eating his morning oatmeal - I'll add it into a smoothie for him instead. I also just bought some ground flax and will be adding that too. Like @yaaros, he does not want protein powders etc.

I'm a little surprised by your suggestion of a hard boiled egg to a shake - it sounds like an awful combination to me - but I've never tried it.
  • diverroboz
    Options
    elaineamj wrote: »
    Thanks for your post - I hadn't realized that oats had protein. My DH has lost his appetite due to health reasons and I'm trying to find different calorie-dense foods for him to eat. He stopped eating his morning oatmeal - I'll add it into a smoothie for him instead. I also just bought some ground flax and will be adding that too. Like @yaaros, he does not want protein powders etc.

I'm a little surprised by your suggestion of a hard boiled egg to a shake - it sounds like an awful combination to me - but I've never tried it.

Glad to help and glad you went ahead and purchased the Flaxseed, there's so many natural clinically proven superfoods... read on!
    Yes who would believe OATS would pack almost as much protein as protein powder! Weird huh, such an unsung hero. Oh BTW race horses are fed oats to fuel their hypertrophy... ever wondered why they look so muscular?
    Factor in the low GI Carbohydrate, cholesterol lowering and reduced heart attack aspect and cheap cost... it's a clear winner!

Each EGG add 6 grams of protein and hormone boosting good cholesterol and turbo charge the bioavailabilty to rival any what powder!
    A single large boiled egg contains
    Vitamin A: 6% of the RDA.
    Folate: 5% of the RDA.
    Vitamin B5: 7% of the RDA.
    Vitamin B12: 9% of the RDA.
    Vitamin B2: 15% of the RDA.
    Phosphorus: 9% of the RDA.
    Selenium: 22% of the RDA.
    Eggs also contain decent amounts of Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Calcium and Zinc.
    Finally, throw a bannana or any berry to disguise the 'sulphury eggness' and hubby will be none the wiser and he'll never taste them, trust me! Give it a try! Oh Cinnamon will do that too, it has so many great health benefits too like anti inflammatory and blood sugar control via insulin insensitivity reduction. This is BIG, as it allows sugars to actually enter the muscle and drive growth. Take cinnamon in doses up to 1 gram daily with no adverse outcomes, replaces the need for sweeteners SUGAR, which is the reason insulin insensitivity is so widespread in western countries now. The rise in cancer, diabetes, arthritis, dementia is correlated to big food sneaking ever increasing sugar into foods!

Check out Authority Nutrition Website to read up on all the above!
  • miss2skinny
    miss2skinny Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm trying shakes but holy crap. The one I was told to male was sickenly thick. It was 12 ounces of milk, one cup oatmeal and 3 scoops of my protein. No way I could "down" it. I was more or less, chewing it lol. I tried to get as much as I could down but only managed half
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, coconut oil, honey, ice cream.
  • diverroboz
    Options
    Note the body cannot absorb more than 60 grams of protein in one sitting! E scoops is a waste and makes the flavour too strong and sweet - rich!!!

Protein content of shake stuff
    1 Scoop Whey is 25g
    1 Cup Oats 15g
    2 Cup Whole Milk 8g
    Coconut Oil and banana whatever

TOTALS 60 grams and 1100 plus Calories.

To keep the shake thinner, add water and reduce Oats and fruits.