Dieting alone?

Has anyone lost weight by dieting alone?

Replies

• hoinas
    hoinas Posts: 2 Member
    I did a few years ago. But it takes a bit longer time and the body doesnt look so nice after. I lost around 60lbs and hade 1 day eating each week. Went for the 6:1 diet and were so tired during weekdays so i couldnt manage to add exercises.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Yes. The first 60 or so lb I lost were solely through diet. I later chose to introduce some exercise just because I felt I wanted to shift focus to fitness for a while, and it stuck with me. Even now, the exercises I do are by no means considered heavy. Keeping a close eye on your calories is all that's needed for weight loss.
  • emstewart95
    emstewart95 Posts: 16 Member
    I lost a stone through eating a healthy diet alone. But you can only get so far before you need to introduce exercise!
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    I did it alone. It took me 2 years to lose around 100lbs. I didn't have a personal trainer, dietitian or people to cheer me on. I also didn't share my goals with anyone around me. MFP was & still is a very important part of my journey. Logging my food intake caused me to be more mindful of what I eat. Continue browsing the MFP community posts. You'll find lots of people who can give you advice.

smpmkby7ixoc.jpeg
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    i like your skirt ;)
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Yes, always. Well, unless you count the time I lost weight in a Weight Watchers group. Still, they weren't there with me in the kitchen.
  • tamaraworrall
    tamaraworrall Posts: 166 Member
    Yeah I have lost 16 stone and 9 lbs all on my own
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    I find it interesting how half the responses read "diet alone" as "diet without anyone else", and the other half read it as "diet without exercise".....

Yes to both. :sweat_smile:
  • sceleratis
    sceleratis Posts: 89 Member
    I've lost a total of 62 pounds. The first 35 or so of that was without any exercise at all.
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    I did just deficeit until I'd lost 75% towards my goal weight and realised I was getting skinny fat so increased my steps a day efforts and started simple bodyweight strength exercises at home to improve the saggy bits.

Still early days but definitely helping the saggy bits.
    Plus I rough massage the fatty bits, scrub with a rough loofah and moisturise them now which is all helping!
    Whenever I walk I try to keep the tummy and bum muscles engaged which is hard but as long as no one can see your crazy cowgirl walk it all helps lol!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    I think people forget we exercise to keep our body healthy. Reduce heart disease, arthritis, improve muscle strength etc it's not just to not be big! Exercise is important to be healthy!
  • kmleaf
    kmleaf Posts: 46 Member
    I am just 5 days short of a full year into my weight loss and down 101 lbs. No exercise, just calorie deficit. I still have a long way to go and I may add some exercise soon but I am not looking forward to it. I know it's not a great attitude but it's honest.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Right now I'm losing through diet only. A neuromuscular disease prevents me from exercising (until it is stabilized, the more I move my muscles the weaker I become, to the point of paralysis and inability to breathe).

I set my calorie and macro goals below my resting metabolic needs, and follow a low-carb diet that minimizes cravings.

When I'm able to exercise, I do, and the weight comes off faster.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!