Chronically ill friends?

Hello all,

I've posted before, but this time I'm looking for fellow chronically ill people trying to get healthy who are willing to chat outside of MFP via Kik or Viber.

I have a nice list of ailments, many that are getting worse (boo!!), but those that effect me most are:
- Critically low B12 (which sounds so benign right? Yeah I thought so too, but it's the reason for about 15+ of my crazy symptoms!!)
- Critically low D3
- Migraines
- PCOS, which caused an issue with insulin as well as cause very quick weight gain, and increased my A1c incredibly quickly, teetering on diabetes.
- Panic disorder
- Maybe fibromyalgia (trying to get a sure diagnosis )

Haha, I am all kinds of messed up!
So I'm seeking other chronically ill folks (preferably 18-35, but not set in stone) who are trying to lose weight. I'm trying to lose a lot, but you don't have to be!

I really could use the motivation from someone who understands how hard it is (as well as giving out motivation to you! I am in your position! I know how it feels to do nothing but sit around and feel exhausted!)

You can message me here, or go ahead and message my Kik - " iShelby_xD "

Replies

• SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    I have chronic pain and pcos I'm always down to chat about the challenges of loosing weight while fighting other battles
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i have gerd-maybe ibs, myalgia, behcets, eczema
    mostly, i just try to keep moving. when i stay still i feel all the aches and pains
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Lupus, Behcets Disease, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Migraine...the list goes on! I don't have those chat apps, but I'm always happy to support more spoonies!
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    moyer566 wrote: »
    mostly, i just try to keep moving. when i stay still i feel all the aches and pains

Ummmm....what?! Another Behcets babe?! That's like finding a unicorn!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited March 2016
    cakeroom-unicorn.jpg?resize=600%2C514
    moyer566 wrote: »

Ummmm....what?! Another Behcets babe?! That's like finding a unicorn!

holy cow!
    there is one other person in my area too. i don't know who she is but my GP had just finished diagnosing a woman when i became her patient
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited March 2016
    I have severe fistulizing Crohn's, bipolar 2, anxiety and mostly recovered anorexia binge/purge plus the Crohn's associated arthritis pain and exhaustion oh and chronically anaemic (both iron and b12)
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Sarcoidosis and asthma
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Feel free to add me....I'm new at the autoimmune thing.