Hard work and determination= no donuts

Hi my name is Sara I'm a full time mom wife and cna I've been over weight for the better part of the last 10 yrs or so but always told myself as long as I was healthy and my husband was still attracted to me then I wasn't going to worry about my weight because I enjoy eating!!! I love cooking for my family trying new recipes I'm not big on snacks and sweets but I love my potatoes and pasta and bread and was a Pepsi addict so after a recent yearly physically I found out I'm not as healthy as I thought cholesterol was high sugar was high and I need to lose weight (already knew that just been avoiding it) so because those things plus many others run rampant in my family tree and I am beyond determined that I will never have to rely on medication to control my health!!!! I decided it was time to empty my kitchen and change everything from the way I cook to what I'm cooking and what my family is eating( my kids are not my biggest fan at the moment) it's been a little over a month and we have all lost weight and at my follow up appointment my levels are down so we are sticking to it!!!!! I'm personally down almost 15 lbs and have 40 more to go to hit my goal so if anyone here actually made it to the end of this rant and would like a friend and help keep me motivated and someone to keep them motivated let's be friends and kick fats butt!!!!!!

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Good for you. Looks like good choices for you and your family. Best of luck.
  • bamfgoals
    bamfgoals Posts: 28 Member
    Congratulations on yours and your family's weight loss! I'd love to be friends to help support you on that path.

PS: Please fix your run-on sentences. They make your post difficult to read :(
  • Gturner81
    Gturner81 Posts: 22 Member
    Great post I love it, I personally am addicted to McDonalds. Down 10 though and continuing my journey.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    i'm determined and work hard and I still have donuts
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    edited March 2016
    Once you feel ready, have occasional treats and donuts with your kids. I speak from the experience of growing up in a large family with terrible cooks for parents (love them, though). When I got a job, moved out and discovered how delicious food could be I packed it in and on.
    Down 25 pounds since Christmas and eat portion controlled donuts, pie, cupcakes and ice cream. Knowing a real, weighed portion and feeling gratitude for that serving in my day makes a difference I feel. I lost over 40 pounds in 2013 through intense restriction and fell off the wagon hard.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    I went from eating a donut (or two) every day (when I packed on 10lb working OT every day over 5 months) to eating a donut less than once a week. However, I still had a daily snack, typically in the 80-100 calorie range (fudge pop was the go to in the summer when I started).

It isn't so much completely eliminating calorie dense or non-filling foods so much as reducing the frequency or the size. I kept all of my dinners the same since they were already healthy enough and just reduced the snack frequency and limited my dinner portions.

Good luck!
  • sarawilcox79
    sarawilcox79 Posts: 12 Member
    Thank you all for commenting I definitely still have a snack occasionally lol.. I think that if we eliminate everything we love we are setting ourselves up to fail.. I am just more aware of how often I treat myself....carbs are more an issue for me than donuts love my breads and pastas
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Way to go. I love your determination and that you have health as a top priority.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    No donuts ! That's crazy ! Im super motivated but I like donuts sometimes. Check out doughbardoughnuts.com or http://www.storenvy.com/shop/?q=smart choice protein. Great calories and you get donuts! Worth ordering! :)
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    I loved your rant!! I read it a couple of times, it was so good!! Congrats on your big decsions. Your children will thank you - not in the foreseeable future, cuz kids are like that, but one day, when they visit you in the retirement home, and they think you are asleep, they will say to each other in hushed tones "Gee, Mom really did us a favour when we were young, teaching us about taking care of our bodies and learning moderation. I really love her"!!
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    No donuts ! That's crazy ! Im super motivated but I like donuts sometimes. Check out doughbardoughnuts.com or http://www.storenvy.com/shop/?q=smart choice protein. Great calories and you get donuts! Worth ordering! :)

WHOA!! These look amazing! doughbardoughnuts.com are all sold out :(
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    betuel75 wrote: »

WHOA!! These look amazing! doughbardoughnuts.com are all sold out :(

Yes they sell out quickly, go on sale on Thursday mornings and Sunday mornings only. Have to buy them quickly, but theyre worth it!!!