can I log workout here ?

Options
I workout already 3 weeks can I log this workout ,lost calories.. Etc . here ? Im new here

Replies

• JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yes you can log exercise both online and via the app. MFP is notorious for over estimating calories burned so be mindful of that.
  • Katy2Survivor
    Katy2Survivor Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    What you mean for over estamating calories ? @JoshuaMcAllister
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    it means that usually MFP will say you burned more calories during your exercise than you actually did.
  • Katy2Survivor
    Katy2Survivor Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ohh Thanks .. Good to know @itsbasschick
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,230 Member
    Options
    Yes you can log exercise both online and via the app. MFP is notorious for over estimating calories burned so be mindful of that.

I always wonder about this claim that MFP overestimates. I have not used their numbers as I have always gotten my elsewhere, not to mention using TDEE estimation to get my calorie goal, but I have seen a number of people on here who have not only used the MFP calorie number, but ate all their exercise calories and lost then maintained weight after that loss doing so. I know some of the numbers are off, but I am guessing the notoriety of huge over estimates has more to do with specific types of exercise rather than all of them. BTW, I have said the same thing, but I have no actual experience to back it up, just the repeated statements of others which I was repeating. This just made me wonder if MFP is really that off, or if this is one of those, everyone says it so it must be true things like eating 5-6 meals a day often being trotted out as a way to speed up metabolism which has repeatedly been shown to be false. Just some off topic musing.