Loose skin?

Options
tris_hope
tris_hope Posts: 407 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys, so I have been on a weight loss journey for about 4 months now and last month I noticed that my skin looked a bit saggy on my tummy. But as I've progressed it appears to be tightening up slowly but surely. I'm 21 years old and my starting weight was about 235, and I'm 5'10 and I have probably carried that extra weight for about a year (took about a year to gain as well). With the progress I've made and noticing it gradually tighten and given my weight/age, do you think I'll have loose skin. If so, how do I start now to prevent it, since I'm still aiming to loose about 15 more lbs? Help! Ask any questions! :)

Replies

• Kalyn9o4
    Kalyn9o4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer told me my first day that building muscle slowly and evenly throughout the body tightens you up.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Genetics, age, how much you lose, and how long you were overweight factor into how much, if any, loose skin you have. It takes up to a couple of years after you finish losing for your skin to shrink back to the "this is it" point. Aside from not becoming overweight to begin with, there's not really anything you can do to prevent loose skin.

That being said, you have youth and a fairly short overweight period in your favor. My guess is that you will have minimal, if any, loose skin.
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I believe you need to weight train to get rid of loose skin ... I know their is also a product called 'CLA' at some health food stores you can take help