Rice Cakes!!!

Options
jbogo1
jbogo1 Posts: 28
When it comes down to it, the main food that has been helping me through my weight loss journey are rice cakes. I have completely replaced bread with them! They come in so many yummy flavors and at around 35 cal per cake vs. around 70 cal/ bread slice ( wheat bread), the difference really adds up!

Here are a few of my favorites using a rice cake instead of bread:

light cream cheese, lox and red onion on a rice cake - About 115 calories for 1

turkey and cheese with light mayo on a rice cake - About 190 calories for 1

Peanut butter and strawberry jelly on a rice cake - About 275 calories for 1 ( About 245 if you use sugar free jelly which is really yummy!)

Tuna on a rice cake - I had this for lunch today!! I had a full can of tuna with 1 TBS of chipotle ranch dressing on 2 rice cakes and it was only 230 calories! you can use your favorite creamy salad dressing in the place of mayo and it makes it even more delicious!

For a sweet treat- try a chocolate rice cake with nuttella and sliced strawberries- Only about 175 calories for 1 ( 1 TBS of nutella and 2 strawberries)

Have fun! Try all sorts of things!! Tell me your favorites!

Replies

• miztizabebe
    Options
    i think im going to try that today! i have tuna too! :happy:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I like rice cakes too, but they have so much dang sodium!
  • Naokoheart
    Naokoheart Posts: 161
    Options
    I loev ricecakes,I love how they don't make me feel bloated and heavy like bread and pasta does,I might have a wheat intolerance not sure though,but they are lovely indeed!

@Dianey1981: There are unsalted versions,I eat the unsalted versions and they have a trace of sodium! ;D
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I love whole wheat bread but I never thought about eating rice cakes like this. To me, they've always been just something to eat once in a while for a snack or something. I'm definitely going to have to try your suggestions . I'm going to try hummus with some veggies on a low sodium rice cake and see how that goes as well.
  • jbogo1
    Options

They have low sodium and unsalted rice cakes too!
  • jbogo1
    Options
    I also love the crunch of rice cakes! Sometimes I crave something crunchy and salty and rice cakes are one of the best substitues for chips!
  • jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love Rice cakes with Spicy Hummus!! MMM
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options

They have low sodium and unsalted rice cakes too!

Great! I'll look for those next time. Thanks ladies!
  • sunflower0022
    sunflower0022 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love rice cakes.. I eat them with peanut butter ... and I also eat them with salsa!!!! Mmmmmm!!!
  • mcbeth
    mcbeth Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love the lightly saled rice cakes with the roasted garlic hummus from Aldis. Also chocolate rice cakes with peanutbutter.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Definitely a crunch factor girl here! :tongue: Some great ideas to try, thanks all for the new ideas :)
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    All sounds yummy!!
    Sorry, what is lox??
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I love them too!! I like the plain unsalted ones with light cow cheese (23 calories) and sliced cucumber on them!!!!

Also love all the mini ones, ketchup, sour cream and onion, dill pickle, butter popcorn etc!!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    rice cake bump:tongue: