Is this too obsessive?

Options
Scamd83
Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
Family cooking lamb, couldn't get macros information for it (packaging had been thrown out, not looking through bin for it), had no rough idea of calories, so skipping it and having chicken (which I do know the numbers for)...I can't be confident I'm sticking to my numbers if I go with food I know nothing about.

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    If you like lamb, you should have it and look up the info online if it's not available on MFP. Numbers shouldn't ruin a good meal.
  • Scamd83
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    If you like lamb, you should have it and look up the info online if it's not available on MFP. Numbers shouldn't ruin a good meal.

Not even sure if I do or not, but it was being cooked mixed in with veggies so I couldn't even weigh it accurately and use a cooked macros entry for it.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Yes. Estimate it and move on.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    It doesn't have to be an exact science. I'd say you'd be OK and it is a bit obsessive. But I'm kind of a free spirit and don't do macroa. Haha. It will all even out in the end. One meal not super duper perfectly logged won't be the death of you
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You could just take a guess. Just because you're eating better and don't know the exact calories of certain meals doesn't mean you can't enjoy a good meal. Anything home-cooked will be much better for you than anything made outside the home anyway.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »

+1
  • Rick_Nelson81
    Rick_Nelson81 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »

+1

+2
  • ladymuaythai
    ladymuaythai Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Just eat the fukin lamb #bahhh
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Yeah, call it 'pork' and go on with your life.
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I do things like that. It's too easy for me to let one inexact meal spiral into eating way more than I should.
  • Scamd83
    Options
    Sorry, I forgot about this, I had the lamb in the end and just hoped for the best. Thanks.
  • ellebreedlove42
    ellebreedlove42 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yeah with proteins you're ok to google and get the numbers. One meal estimated won't kill you.... Unless you're allergic, or there's poison in it.....
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Scamd83 wrote: »
    Sorry, I forgot about this, I had the lamb in the end and just hoped for the best. Thanks.

Did you like it? Lamb isn't a taste for everyone.
  • Scamd83
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    Scamd83 wrote: »

Did you like it? Lamb isn't a taste for everyone.

Not really, it wasn't awful but it was kind of bland.