Starting: 250lbs. When did people notice your weightloss?

Options
2»

Replies

• RA60172
    RA60172 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    5'5" Started at 230, have lost about 25 pounds. My in-laws and best friend noticed around the 20 pound mark, but no one else has really noticed.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT PEOPLE MAY NOTICE BUT JUST NOT SAY ANYTHING!!!

Weight loss is still an uncomfortable subject for some people to talk about, especially if you have a lot of weight to lose.

Also, if you have a lot to lose, you may find it more reinforcing to track moments where you notice your own weight loss, like when you go down a size in pants or shirts.

Height: 5'6"
    Starting weight: 253 (Size 20 jeans, XXL shirts)
    Current weight: 158 (Size 8 jeans, medium shirts)
    Goal weight: 153
  • atiral
    atiral Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Started at 232. No one noticed until I had lost 40 lbs, then Everyone noticed all at once. Part of that was probably because that is right when it got warmer outside so I wasn't hidden under jackets anymore.
  • Lose2Cruise2016
    Lose2Cruise2016 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 242. My daughters live with me and notice every little thing, but they go to the gym with me and see me in fitted workout pants, etc. The coworkers who have commented at all noticed at around 25 lbs, and now at 32 pounds, a few people I haven't seen in months gave the, "Wow! You look great!" reaction. But most people, especially coworkers, just don't comment. And that's fine too. I'm not doing this for them.
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bubbajoe1066
    bubbajoe1066 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    290 start....down 48 lbs as of sunday... just a couple of people noticed,,, but to be honest i really don't care... 1 i am a very private person and do not like to be the center of attention and 2 i am doing this for me ..no one else... the only one i really care about who notices is my lovely wife
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    not till about 210/220 did it become really noticeable
  • dark_sparkles37019
    dark_sparkles37019 Posts: 114 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Started at 240 and nobody said anything until I lost down to 200 pounds. I think people notice but are afraid to comment. When I received that comment, it was like yes! Someone finally noticed! I'm 5'8.
  • FlabToFitty
    FlabToFitty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for responding really appreciate it :) I hope that when I lose fifty pounds people will notice :s
  • fitnesschickmfp
    fitnesschickmfp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    My first go round I started at 230-235 and people really noticed and started asking what I was doing around 180lb. I'm 5'7.5"
  • ducklady27
    ducklady27 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started at 220, got my first you look thinner from my mum at 200 but haven't received anything more than that since (now at 184) I'm 5'7" btw
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    When I started I was 5'5.5" and 241 lbs. People really started noticing after I dropped around 25-30 lbs. My parents were the first to comment about it, funny enough.