I wanna lose weight but I love food too much

Options

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I love food. I just eat less of it, and make a few swaps of lower calorie foods for higher.

I also have a conservative weight loss goal.
  • joseserpas1788
    joseserpas1788 Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I love food more than anyone lol, but I wanted to
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I love food. It is not an obstacle to losing weight. That is an excuse.
    You can do lots of things. Plan meals. Prelog your whole day. Eat enough protein, fats, fiber to help you feel satisfied. Eat several servings of vegetables and fruits a day. Fill your plate with more vegetables and smaller portions of higher calorie foods. Exercise more so you have more calories to work with. Drink mostly water and save your calories for food. Try different cooking methods. Look up nutrition information for restaurants in advance. Eat slowy and savor your food. Make or buy less food. Buy food that needs to be prepared. Eat off a smaller plate. Set your weight loss goal for a slower loss and get more calories.

Log as accurately as you can and stick to your calorie deficit. Enjoy food.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I didn't love food. I loved stuffing my face. The quality of the food was not important as long as I was shoving food down my throat.

Now I can honestly say I appreciate the quality and preparation of the food way more because I only have so many calories a day and I am not going to waste them on garbage. That doesn't mean I just eat raw kale and chicken breast, but I am far more choosy about what I am eating or drinking.
  • catherinekalberg
    catherinekalberg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You could burn more then you take in instead of cutting stuff out. I did 42 miles on my bike today. Exhausting. Hi calorie burning activities like dancing, running, cycling, and climbing done in intervals will help burn loads. But ultimately to be healthy you have to eat healthy.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Shanel0916 wrote: »
    There are no tips. You are the only one to decide that you are ready and that your health/body is worth more than food.

I agree that you have to decide to do it. But, a (probably) helpful tip would be to eat the appropriate amounts of the food you love.

I love food, too!
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want, as long as it fits in your calorie deficit. Want to eat more than your calorie goal allows? Exercise! In the end, you have to choose what is more important, eating excessively/gaining weight? Or making a healthy lifestyle change while enjoying the foods you still love.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yeah, join the billions of people out there that love food. I love love food, but you know what? You can still loose weight and love food. Just eat less of it. You can still eat the things you love, JUST LESS OF IT...

Do you love food, or is it eating until you burst that is bothering you that you can't do while in a calorie deficit?. Or do yo just love to eat all day long?

Just decide that you are ready to have less food that you already love.. It is just that simple.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    How about eat less of the food you like.

^^This. We all love food. Who doesn't? The idea here isn't to give anything up. It's to learn moderation. Treats are great. As are holidays and all the good stuff. We still get to have all that (with bigger indulgences here and there), but it's just a matter of keeping it in check. This is only as hard as you make it.

• lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If you really love food you can enjoy experimenting with new healthy ingredients and options to make yummy meals that fit into a lower calorie plan. You don't have to survive on air ;) !
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    You may just not be ready to lose weight now.
  • mdrichardsons
    mdrichardsons Posts: 83 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    I didn't love food. I loved stuffing my face. The quality of the food was not important as long as I was shoving food down my throat.

Now I can honestly say I appreciate the quality and preparation of the food way more because I only have so many calories a day and I am not going to waste them on garbage. That doesn't mean I just eat raw kale and chicken breast, but I am far more choosy about what I am eating or drinking.

So true I can't believe the things I used to eat just because it was sitting there. Now I'm like so not worth it!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I like ice cream, anything chocolate, donuts, cake, cupcakes, pizza, chicken wings, hot bread with butter, pie, Chinese food.....but I decided last year that I have eaten enough of that to where I can never eat anymore of any of it and I will be just fine. When I do allow myself to have some things that I would rather stay away from, it's rarely as good as the build up in my mind of eating. Plus I have found when I don't indulge myself every time I get the urge I enjoy the food more when I do have it
  • mtolose1
    mtolose1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I feel ya on this one. When i say i love food, i loooooove food. This was a major problem for me. I would eat and at times still do, because it tastes good. Not bc i was sad, happy, or even hungry. But because it taste so good. My mouth waters just thinking about it. Lol.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I love food. It is not an obstacle to losing weight. That is an excuse.
    You can do lots of things. Plan meals. Prelog your whole day. Eat enough protein, fats, fiber to help you feel satisfied. Eat several servings of vegetables and fruits a day. Fill your plate with more vegetables and smaller portions of higher calorie foods. Exercise more so you have more calories to work with. Drink mostly water and save your calories for food. Try different cooking methods. Look up nutrition information for restaurants in advance. Eat slowy and savor your food. Make or buy less food. Buy food that needs to be prepared. Eat off a smaller plate. Set your weight loss goal for a slower loss and get more calories.

Log as accurately as you can and stick to your calorie deficit. Enjoy food.

All of this.

I became obese because I'm lazy and I like food! I put off trying to lose weight for far too long, because I was convinced it was too hard and that I'd be miserable and hungry all the time. Well, guess what? My eyes have been opened by this site. I can still have the things I love, I just need to be careful not to have too much of them.

I've learned that I can eat a pretty decent amount of food for my 1400 calories per day and still lose weight, and that if I want to splurge one day and have a big meal then I can still do that and it won't ruin everything. I've learned that a few foods I thought I loved just aren't worth the calories to me any more - I might have them very occasionally, but they're not a big part of my diet now. I've learned that I can be satisfied with smaller portions of food, and that I can find lower-calorie treats that are just as tasty as the options I used to go for.

I've learned that I can do this. :smile:

You can too. You just need to be ready to make that commitment, and not expect to become slim and fit overnight. It will take time, but if you find a way that works for you and that you can stick to even after the weight has come off, then you can keep it off!
  • ReadyWillingEager
    ReadyWillingEager Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    ugh me too.
  • Chubby_bunnyy
    Chubby_bunnyy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Haha I ate 3 chocolate bars two days ago and just went to the gym and forced myself to run fast until I burned the calories that i wasn't supposed to have.
    When i used to be really thin, I'd eat pastries, but I did the same thing and was fine.

So I suppose you can eat what you can if you can burn it off.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Food appears to be a comforter and a best friend but it can turn on you viscously when a person gains an incredible amount of weight placing their health risk and soon their bodies fall apart.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    So, in other words, you dont really want to lose weight. Its kind of like saying that I want to tidy my house but wont do the washing up, hoovering, ironing or cleaning because I like watching TV too much.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Haha I ate 3 chocolate bars two days ago and just went to the gym and forced myself to run fast until I burned the calories that i wasn't supposed to have.
    When i used to be really thin, I'd eat pastries, but I did the same thing and was fine.

So I suppose you can eat what you can if you can burn it off.

:( That's not a healthy approach and you don't have to burn it off if you eat something. You are always supposed to have calories, if you don't you die, so just make sure you don't have too many calories and you can enjoy whatever food you want. Feeling guilty about eating anything is a recipe for failure.
    eldamiano wrote: »
    So, in other words, you dont really want to lose weight. Its kind of like saying that I want to tidy my house but wont do the washing up, hoovering, ironing or cleaning because I like watching TV too much.

If I was rich, I'd have a housekeeper. I totally would. (What is 'hoovering'?)