Protein Bars and Powder

Options
Do you people have a favorite?

For protein bars I love B-UP
For powder I like Spiru Tein (so many flavors!).

When I don't care about taste I like Garden of Life Raw Meal Protein Powder. It is super healthy. It's pretty easy to make it taste good but you have to add stuff.

Replies

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I have never found a protein powder or bar that I like....and I have tried MANY!!!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I can get down with Quest bars.
  • rnelson88
    rnelson88 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Muscletech phase 8 chocolate powder is pretty good. I don't really do protein bars.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I like anything I can find at Target or Walmart and costs less than $1 a serving.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I have never found a protein powder or bar that I like....and I have tried MANY!!!

This.

Gave up whey some time back and bars taste like cardboard
  • broseidonkingofbrocean
    Options
    MTS whey protein is my favorite protein on the market. For the protein bars, I just make my own with vitafiber. Google homemade quest bars.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars are my favs.

I don't really buy them anymore unless I am hiking or traveling though. It is way, way cheaper for me to get the same amount of protein from making my own Greek yogurt at home.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I like quest, tried some of the B-up ones and they were pretty good too. also like some of the pure protein bars, the power crunch ones arent too bad either.
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I like Pro Bars. I've had the Base and Bite versions in peanut butter and chocolate. Best ratio of carbs/protein I've found at 30g and 20 respectively and they're organic.

And, their energy gels are really good too. I prefer raspberry.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    protein powders. I havent tried many but I like the body fortress and the quest powders. cvs has a good cookies and cream powder. I tried the six star brand and disliked it(I heard they are from the same company but if so they dont taste like they are lol)
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are definitely my favorite. Runner ups are Met-Rx bars and Clif bars.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I like anything I can find at Target or Walmart and costs less than $1 a serving.

I don't, the store brands tend to be the ones faking their content and potentially having heavy metals.
  • mamaChristine
    mamaChristine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The new Nutracelle powders are the bomb. My picky kids will drink the vanilla like it's milk. The chocolate taste's like Wendy's frosties. They are so smooth!
  • christyg74
    christyg74 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Anything by Quest!
  • classykaren
    classykaren Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    MTS whey protein is my favorite protein on the market. For the protein bars, I just make my own with vitafiber. Google homemade quest bars.
    Thank you

• classykaren
    classykaren Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The new Nutracelle powders are the bomb. My picky kids will drink the vanilla like it's milk. The chocolate taste's like Wendy's frosties. They are so smooth!

Thank you I will look them up.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I'm yet to find a 'protein bar' that justifies the cost. If I had to choose, MusclePharm Combat Crunch are fairly edible once warmed up.

Haven't bothered with whey in ages. Unflavoured standard whey from GoNutrition/TheProteinWorks/MyProtein was always good value.
  • mmteixeira
    mmteixeira Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Muscletech Mission 1 Bars - Cookies & Cream, Chocolate Brownie, Cookie Dough (in that order)

Legion Whey+ Protein Powder - I just got the new cookies and cream powder and I like it - mixed with a cup of Almond Silk and some ice, blend it up... yum... I also really like their chocolate whey+ that blends well with Almond Silk, ice and half a Banana
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I usually only ever eat double chocolate optimum nutrition whey. I drink it either as is or mix it in other foods since I'm a chocoholic
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I use mlo protein powder, unflavored. I like Quest bars, but sometimes get the cheap life choice from walmart