How to get a really big butt??

Options
I've heard it from countless people before whenever I ask what to do to get a bigger butt. Do Squats. But do squats really work? Would squats not just do more toning and firming that anything? Or possibly risk shrinking it due to fat loss and muscle gain?
I really need some tips from your guys' perspective on what is the best and most effective way to not firm your butt, but to actually build it and make it decently big.

Replies

• mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Yes squats really work. You will build muscle in your gluts. Since I started my flat *kitten* is now growing into a booty. My pants stay up!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    1. Have good genetics
    2. Improve what you have with complex leg exercises. (Squats, dead lifts, good mornings, donkey kicks)
    3. Cheese fries

Mostly 1 but version 2 can make a difference. Your butt is one of the largest muscles in your body. It's a muscle. You can make it bigger. 3 works better than anything but the rest of you won't look so good.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    SQUATS
  • JaydenLindsey420
    JaydenLindsey420 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    mommazach wrote: »
    Yes squats really work. You will build muscle in your gluts. Since I started my flat *kitten* is now growing into a booty. My pants stay up!
    Awesome! that actually makes me decently happy to hear. I wasn't even sure if i should waste my time with squats but now I am definitely going to start doing them! Thanks
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Cheese fries. hehe. I was waiting for something like that.
  • JaydenLindsey420
    JaydenLindsey420 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    1. Have good genetics
    2. Improve what you have with complex leg exercises. (Squats, dead lifts, good mornings, donkey kicks)
    3. Cheese fries

Mostly 1 but version 2 can make a difference. Your butt is one of the largest muscles in your body. It's a muscle. You can make it bigger. 3 works better than anything but the rest of you won't look so good.

Thanks for the reply. I wish i could eat cheese fries but unfortunately, I'm on a 1200 calorie diet :( will for sure try the complex leg exercises though
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    1. Have good genetics
    3. Cheese fries

Thanks for the reply. I wish i could eat cheese fries but unfortunately, I'm on a 1200 calorie diet :( will for sure try the complex leg exercises though

You have to be in a surplus to gain mass
  • wisenbsd
    wisenbsd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    S Q U A T S !!!!!!!!
  • orsolya_kiss
    orsolya_kiss Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    1) Train! I'm very leg dominated, which means squats mostly work my legs... What I found effective is to start my booty workout with isolating exercises and then, right after do heavy squats. My starting exercises are single leg hip thrusts, then glute bridges. They work. If they did work for me, they work for everybody on this planet, trust me :) Other great exercises: deadlifts, stiff leg deadlifts, donkey kicks, kneeling squats... They all work :)
    2) Eat! You need a lot of food to grow muscles! Increase your calories, increase your protein intake, don't be scared of fats (especially good fats) and carbs and Tadaaa! Eat complex carbs during the day, and eat simple carbs right after your workout (and protein of course).
    I hope it helps :)
    xoxo
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I got mine from beer...they keep telling me that beer goes to your tummy but mine went straight to my flabby *kitten*.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Runtastic Butt Trainer. I have been doing this for some time and though getting a bigger butt is not my intention I have been told recently that I have a Big *kitten*. My intention is to build up the muscle while getting rid of the fat so I am hoping I am at a curve in the road to a firmer butt. This workout works the butt, thighs and abs.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    You need a progressive lifting program to build. Forget body weight and dumbbell squats- It will take way more than that.

Also, "toning" does not exist. You either build muscle, or lose fat.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Squats help, yes... but that's the oversimplified MFP regurgitated version of an answer.

In truth, there are far more effective exercises for your glutes, though squats should probably be part of the routine. Look up Brett Contreras and read a few of his articles/workouts.

Lastly, diet and genetics will play a large role, too... but you seem to be more focused on the workout piece of the equation, so yea... Brett Contreras.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    1. Have good genetics
    3. Cheese fries

You ain't building no big booty on 1200 calories
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Squats (with weight).
    Doing 4x8 with weight is going to help your butt a heck of a lot more than 150 squats with no weight.

6126.jpg
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You can't beat genetics (hehe grins)
    You can however shape it nicely with hip thrusts, curtsey lunges, stiff leg deadlift, donkey kicks/kickbacks, Step ups and wide stance squats
  • selina884
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    Squats help, yes... but that's the oversimplified MFP regurgitated version of an answer.

In truth, there are far more effective exercises for your glutes, though squats should probably be part of the routine. Look up Brett Contreras and read a few of his articles/workouts.

Lastly, diet and genetics will play a large role, too... but you seem to be more focused on the workout piece of the equation, so yea... Brett Contreras.

Finally.

Squats help but they are primarily a quad exercise

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    1. Have good genetics
    3. Cheese fries

On a 1200 calorie diet, you're NOT going to get a big butt. Sorry, but building muscle REQUIRES a surplus of calories. You can't build tissue without supplying the calories needed to build it. You can squat perfectly, with mounds of resistance, volume train, etc., but again without a surplus, just expect your glutes to get firmer and not bigger.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• selina884
    Options
    Anyways, you will somewhat build on a bulking programme, not on a cut. (weight loss)
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    1. Have good genetics
    3. Cheese fries

On a 1200 calorie diet, you're NOT going to get a big butt. Sorry, but building muscle REQUIRES a surplus of calories. You can't build tissue without supplying the calories needed to build it. You can squat perfectly, with mounds of resistance, volume train, etc., but again without a surplus, just expect your glutes to get firmer and not bigger.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Which is a perfectly acceptable scenario in my book.