How often

Options
How often should I work out? How many days a week?

Replies

• kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    What kind of workouts are you doing? What are your goals?
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Well I am on dailyburn program 365 and last night it was pushups, jumping, alittle yoga. It is fast paced too. I would like to lose out 20lbs right now when I get down lose more.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    However often you feel comfortable with. Just remember to take a rest day every so often.
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    So like 5 days then 2 days of rest? Thanks I worked out yesterday I stretched before hand and pulled a muscle in my leg.
  • tayleis
    tayleis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For weight loss make sure you strength train 2-3x a week and get either 150 min of moderate cardio or 75 min of vigorous cardio a week. Usually training 5 days a week is the gold standard.
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 360 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    tayleis wrote: »
    For weight loss make sure you strength train 2-3x a week and get either 150 min of moderate cardio or 75 min of vigorous cardio a week. Usually training 5 days a week is the gold standard.

You don't need to exercise in order to lose weight.

It's obviously very good for your health to exercise. And I would always recommend to exercise. But it's not needed.

You achieve the positive health effects of cardio with very little effort (20-30min, 2-3/week). No need at all to do longer cardio sessions unless you enjoy them. Strength training is way more efficient.

But to answer OP's question. Look for something you enjoy and do it as often as you enjoy it. Stay reasonable and don't overtrain. Give your body time to recover.