Need vacation ideas!

Options
00Angela00
00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
I'm due to have our first baby on 9-21-10, and would love to plan a little get away as our last vacation before being parents the rest of our lives. We'll probably only be taking off 3-4 days and it would need to be in the US. We live in Seattle. Any suggestions?!

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Vegas!
  • nroesler
    nroesler Posts: 81
    Options
    Take the ferry up to Victoria, BC (that's in canada). If you are looking to splurge stay at the Laurel Point Inn (make sure it's the new section). plenty to see on the island and it's beautiful!
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Have you been to Sandpoint of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho? Its a short drive from Spokane. I was there for the first time recently, and I had no idea how absolutely beautiful it was. (I'm a east coast gal) We rented a car from Spokane airport and drove to Missoula, MT, but we ended up cutting our Montana trip short just so we could go back to Idaho before flying home!
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You can go to the Oregon coast and stay in a hotel on the ocean. i spent my honeymoon in newport and it was wonderful
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    When I was 5 months pregnant we took a trip through Idaho, Montana and Wyoming (visiting national parks) It was lovely!!! Just gotta take it easier than normal with the hiking and all :wink:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My first thought was to go to Victoria, BC. I think it would be cool to take the ferry and stay a few days. By the way, congratulations. :flowerforyou:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    We are looking for places within the US, although we have gone to Victoria in the past and greatly enjoyed it. I think our price range is $100 or less a night. Oregon coast and Sandpoint, ID sound great. Any recommendations on hotels? Or specific locations?