Lost Weight but My waist hasn't changed

Options
Hey All,

I have been working on losing weight to become healthier. I guess I am an apple shape so I keep a lot around my middle. I have been losing but I have only lost .5 of an inch off my waist. Any suggestions? I usually do 2-3 hours of cardio a week. My waist is currently 41" which is really unhealthy. I have been holding at the same weight for about 3 months so I am getting frustrated. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!! :grumble:

Replies

• buffhistory
    buffhistory Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It is very common to have difficulty losing inches at your waist, especially if it tends to be the spot you gain at most. Check other measurements, like chest, hips, legs, and/or arms to see how they're progressing. It will come off all in good time. Make sure your cardio is at the right intensity (use either MHR [220-age], be around 75-85% of that #, or the 'talk test,' where it's becoming difficult to speak). Also, try adding in 2 days of strength training - circuit style workouts are great because they usually only take about 30 minutes, they work the whole body (typically), and if performed at a high intensity they can elicit the EPOC effect, where your burn calories post-exercise. Also, diet is a big factor in losing belly fat - stick to quality protein, fruits and veggies (just don't go overboard on bananas or other high GI fruits and veggies), and healthy fats. Typically a 40/30/30 balance of carbs, protein and fat calories is a good way to lose fat easier.

Hope this helps some!
  • ivoryangel
    Options
    Thanks for the great tips!