Average BMI and weight loss goals 10-20 lbs

Options
Hi everyone! Hoping I get a positive response here. I'm
Considered average weight according to my BMI but I just don't feel myself, and have been trying to lose about 15-20 lbs (which would still keep me at normal BMI!) I want to get back to the weight at which I feel my best! I know it's more difficult to lose weight when you don't have a lot to lose, but it's still a struggle and I would love to connect with anyone else who is going through the same battle!

Replies

• selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Yep I have 15lbs to lose.
  • Leoess
    Leoess Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've got 15lbs to lose as well! It's hard--I have my goal set to -0.5lbs/week--but the results, as small as they are and as slowly as they start to appear, are extremely rewarding!
  • ReadyWillingEager
    ReadyWillingEager Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you, have 13 lbs to lose!
  • kbs52582
    kbs52582 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great to hear back! It's a slow process isn't it but completely agree, the results are very rewarding! Stick to your goals with food and exercise and bit by bit you'll achieve that goal weight and overall great feeling. Have a great day everyone!
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Count me in -

Currently 6 pounds down - 3 more to get to my original goal weight but 8 more to get to my "stretch-goal" weight.
  • Momcharisma88
    Momcharisma88 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like. Im on this bandwagon again for the 500th time in my life. Back when my mom died when i was 17 i got up to 180-185 lbs. I then lost it all but then got pregnant with my 1st. Lost it all again and then got pregnant with my 2nd. Lost it all again and then started celebrating birthdays year round (how did that happen?) so I'm back again hopefully for good to lose these last 38 lbs ( Im 140.4 as of this morning) and maintenance. anyone can please feel free to add me. Id love motivation and would love to help motivate as well.
  • kittybr77
    kittybr77 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean..I have just made it in to the high end of "normal". I would very much like to be in the lower end. I am 5 ft 3 and am down to 138, but back when I was at my healthiest I was in the 115-120 range. Please feel free to add me if you like!
  • Peita3
    Peita3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me, I am in Australia so I am in kgs but also have a healthy BMI but want to loose 7kgs, 15 pounds! Everyone thinks I look fine but I hate the way my thighs are rubbing together! And do you think I could walk past the half price Easter eggs? HELL NO!! Even though I have eaten so many, I had to buy more, because they were cheap!!!
  • M3l53agrav3595
    M3l53agrav3595 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I only want to lose 10lbs but it is so difficult! I feel like the scales haven't moved in months! Have just started weight training though, so I'm hoping the change in exercise will help. I definitely need to improve my diet though... I'm a chocoholic!
  • caitlinmixon2012
    caitlinmixon2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Completely understand I am 5'3 and 128 lbs I'd like to be around 110 . I do alot of long distance running so obviously the heavier I am the harder it is for me to reach my PR goal I am working on getting past this plateau
  • littleli0ngrl
    littleli0ngrl Posts: 8 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    kbs52582 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Hoping I get a positive response here. I'm
    Considered average weight according to my BMI but I just don't feel myself, and have been trying to lose about 15-20 lbs (which would still keep me at normal BMI!) I want to get back to the weight at which I feel my best! I know it's more difficult to lose weight when you don't have a lot to lose, but it's still a struggle and I would love to connect with anyone else who is going through the same battle!

I'm the same as you, I have a healthy bmi but for my frame and just the 'feeling' that I'm at right now, it doesn't feel right or that I'm at my healthiest! It's difficult because a lot of people tell me that i'm 'fine' or 'normal' and it's like... I know I'm not overweight but that doesn't mean I can't care about my body. You are more than welcome to add me (and anyone else in the same boat can too!) <3
  • naches704
    naches704 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same here! It's motivating to know that I'm not alone. I've always had about 10 pounds to lose, even though my bmi was "normal". A few months ago I moved to a sedentary job and suddenly I now have 20 pounds to lose! Ugh! I'm down about 4 lbs now after a month. I joined the Y and take cycling, kickboxing and TRX classes 5-6 times a week. For the first 2 weeks I wasn't tracking my food and wasn't losing anything. Now that I'm tracking the weight is really coming off!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    yes! This was me about two years ago. Right before my 40th birthday. I was not overweight, but I just didn't feel as good as I knew I could. I was a bit soft and didn't like how I was feeling in my clothes. I lost about 10/15 lbs and lowered my BF%. I have been maintaining now for over two years and feel great. You can do it! :smile:
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm back at MFP with some maintenance weight creep that needs to be taken care of. Looking at losing around 12lbs, and getting my bmi from current 21.5, back down to around 19.9 (lower end of my maintenance range.