Chinese: Seafood in Bird's Nest (calories?)

Options
hgycta
hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
edited March 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I hate to be that stereotypical post about needing help estimating calories in a restaurant meal but here I am; ethnic foods throw me off!
I enjoyed a really delicious plate of Seafood in Bird's Nest tonight at a restaurant that just opened near my house, and the menu describes it as "fresh scallops, calamari, jumbo shrimp, pea pods, celery, mushrooms in Cantonese style white sauce. The edible nest holding the seafood is made entirely out of fried taro."
The dish did not in fact have fried calamari, it turned out to be squid (not fried), and it felt like the nest was baked not fried so perhaps it was fried in less oil? I don't know, this was my first time having it so I'm wondering if anyone knows the general ballpark of calories within this dish? I'll post a picture if it lets me, but I just don't know whether to keep ordering it as a low calorie item (tons of veggies and seafood) or consume it in moderation as one hidden calorie bomb (fried taro bowl and a sauce which packs calories maybe?)
Help!!! XD would you say it's around 400, 700, 1,000, 2,000, or how many calories if you had to take a guess? It was a decent size!

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    kziwnjnoajkl.jpg
    Here's the picture! It was a full plate pretty much and I happily ate the entire thing!