I'm trying to lose weight but I love eating at night. As long as I count cals, can I eat at night?

Options
13»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    nosajjao wrote: »
    gramarye wrote: »
    "Many flight physicians" is not a source. Doctors are just as prone to misinformation and outdated studies as any other human; they aren't magical because they have an MD. Even the military ones.

I'll make sure to let them know they aren't a reliable source of information, but that the MFP forums and Google are.
    I usually eat at least half of my calories between 5pm and 9pm, depending on the day.

So that's why you were baiting for a response that you could easily undermine and shoot down, nice. Hope it continues to work for you.

I'm pretty sure most of us don't have to worry about undigested food when we go to sleep. We're not going to have to worry about throwing up in the cockpit in eight hours.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Beliefs are not the same as facts. A good source for information is a peer-reviewed journal articles, such as those found at PubMed. Here is an example of a journal article:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4425165/

References from Dr. Oz, Mercola, Huffington Post, websites that sell suplements, etc. are NOT good sources of facts.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Beliefs are not the same as facts. A good source for information is a peer-reviewed journal articles, such as those found at PubMed. Here is an example of a journal article:

References from Dr. Oz, Mercola, Huffington Post, websites that sell suplements, etc. are NOT good sources of facts.

What about fighter pilots? Are they good sources? They have those cool names, and they look pretty good playing beach volleyball, at least from what I can recall from Top Gun...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

What about fighter pilots? Are they good sources? They have those cool names, and they look pretty good playing beach volleyball, at least from what I can recall from Top Gun...

But they apparently don't science.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    What? This makes no sense. Your body is an incredibly efficient, multi-tasking machine. If it weren't, we wouldn't be able to breathe, think, digest, chew bubble gum, and walk down the street typing responses to strangers on internet forums all at the same time...

Whatever you say. Eat at night because our bodies are magical.

I eat almost all my calories after 6:00 p.m. I always sleep good and I'm down to about 10 pounds from my goal weight. I am magical!

cfc1vgez1wip.gif
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

If they did they might have been able to avoid that fatal tailspin...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options

It wasn't his fault! There is no way he could have predicted or avoided that spin!

• WinoGelato
    Options

It wasn't his fault! There is no way he could have predicted or avoided that spin!

Maybe he wasn't thinking clearly because he was fatigued from eating too late at night.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Question: are you a Gremlin?
    I feel like this is relevant information.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    "Many flight physicians" is not a source. Doctors are just as prone to misinformation and outdated studies as any other human; they aren't magical because they have an MD. Even the military ones.

I'll make sure to let them know they aren't a reliable source of information, but that the MFP forums and Google are.
    I usually eat at least half of my calories between 5pm and 9pm, depending on the day.

So that's why you were baiting for a response that you could easily undermine and shoot down, nice. Hope it continues to work for you.

To assume or even think the body can only run one function at a time basically negates everything Ppl know about biology. The body is very good at multitasking and doing the processes that are required.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

To assume or even think the body can only run one function at a time basically negates everything Ppl know about biology. The body is very good at multitasking and doing the processes that are required.

You only say that because you're not a fighter pilot doctor
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Chill, Daverick. Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash because it's busy digesting food.
  • unawind
    unawind Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Question: are you a Gremlin?

Asking the important questions! B)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Chill, Daverick. Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash because it's busy digesting food.

That's right, Tin........can. I am dangerous
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

Your misconceptions stem from a belief that the body is somehow compose of on and off switches. That is not in any shape or form how the body's reactions work. It is all a matter of chemicals causing cascading chains of reactions at different rates. We don't completely stop and start various things, we go from low to high states. I mean, most people never truly go to bed with an empty digestive system. Most digestive transit is 24 hours or more barring sickness. By your reasoning, people would need to spend a day or more fasting to get themselves into a proper rest state.

You think more than a billion years of evolution couldn't have figured out the metabolic equivalent of walking and chewing gum at the same time?
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    Options

A little hypocritical, dontcha think? Maybe, you should "get your head straight". :D