Wants weight loss guidence

Options
207 pounds / 95 kg i want to loose around 40 pounds / 20 kg... Can u guys guide me?? General tips will be highly appriciated
And how much time it requures?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Enter your stats and goals into MFP and you will get a calorie goal. Begin logging your food and do your best each day to hit that goal.
  • ahmedbilalukt
    ahmedbilalukt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 calories daily... Avoiding fried and sugar foods.. And also avoiding snacts and little hunger foods like chips and icecreams candies and also escaping proper lunch... Is it enough or any other tips??
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 calories daily... Avoiding fried and sugar foods.. And also avoiding snacts and little hunger foods like chips and icecreams candies and also escaping proper lunch... Is it enough or any other tips??

Did you get the 1,200 calorie goal from MFP or from someplace else? I just ask because that is pretty low.

You don't have to avoid snacks, chips, ice cream, candy, or lunch in order to lose weight. You just need to eat at a calorie deficit.
  • tvashi
    tvashi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well, the calorie deficit is true - the basis is expending more energy than what you take in via eating - but fried and sugary foods will fill up the calories quickly and so do most "junk foods". Clean eating helps fill in the calorie gap (because fruits and veggies are super low in calories and full of nutrients!), but how you go about that is up to you. The escaping lunch is a terrible idea - especially at first, cause you'll be hungry and wanting to reach for a sugar filled calorie bomb.
    Do double check with a medical professional or nutritionist before embarking on a diet - you only have one body, and you don't want to embark on a diet change that will not have effect/ leave you without the appropriate nutrients etc.
    Also, it takes everyone different times to lose the weight - my first 10 slipped off in the first month, but everything after that has been a challenge, and I've been on for ~6 months. It all depends on how dedicated you are, if you're getting in all the necessary nutrients and vitamins. Exercise - even something like cooking or cleaning or walking - will really help build your deficits, muscle mass/ burn off fat, and help increase weight loss. There's no magic pill, but even walking for 30 minutes slowly is ~100 calorie burned off (and you can do that as part of your daily routine - jogging in place with your morning coffee, or going for a short break during work for 10 minutes at a time?)
    Do expect to plateau at some point - there will come a time when you don't see your weigh decreasing as quickly anymore - you've plateau'd. You just have to increase whatever you've been doing to get the weight loss going again. Expect minor set backs too - it happens, just move on.
    Don't think that skipping sleep is a good idea either - it actually helps gain fat rather than lose it. (This is in my experience, everyone's different.)

I hope any of the above helps! Feel free to take it as face value, since I know it's only based on my own experiences and is most likely different for everyone! Good luck reaching your goals! :)
  • ahmedbilalukt
    edited March 2016
    Options
    When i hv installed it... It says me if u want to main ur weight u hv to gmaintain 2300 calories if u wana loose get 1650 calories and if you wana loose fast get 1300 calories...
    Now mfp is showibg default rate of 1500 i have change it by my self to 1300
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The minimum for a male is 1500. Starving yourself thin isn't a great plan.
  • runningalice
    runningalice Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    There is a reason it is default 1500... that is because it is the "healthy limit" dont starve yourself. It may take 3/4 months but youll be better in the long run :) and less likely to gain it back
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    207 pounds / 95 kg i want to loose around 40 pounds / 20 kg... Can u guys guide me?? General tips will be highly appriciated
    And how much time it requures?

Read this. Daily. Read this. Daily. Read this. Daily.

You get the picture? B)

Reading that a little over 2 years ago snapped me into reality.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    When i hv installed it... It says me if u want to main ur weight u hv to gmaintain 2300 calories if u wana loose get 1650 calories and if you wana loose fast get 1300 calories...

Target losing 1 pound per week. That's a realistic target and won't leave you starving and grumpy. Yes, it will take you 40 weeks to lose the weight, but that's what it takes.

I prefer Calorie Net's counter over MFP's.
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm tiny at 4'11" and I can eat more than that man.
    Stick to the goal mfp has set you, men shouldn't eat less than 1500.
    You will lose lean mass than just fat which is harder to regain when you lose weight.
    A moderate deficit won't leave you hungry and you will lose steadily.
    Up your exercise - just walking can be enough so you can eat more back.
    Look into lifting and get adequate amounts of protein.
    You don't need to forgo lunch just cut back on your portions. Start weighing and logging and see what you eat and how much then you can start making changes for the better
    Good luck
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options

Target losing 1 pound per week. That's a realistic target and won't leave you starving and grumpy. Yes, it will take you 40 weeks to lose the weight, but that's what it takes

I prefer Calorie Net's counter over MFP's.[/quote]

Don't like that caculator it said I need to eat 1100 to lose 1lb lightly active or 900
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Healthyeater.com is a good calorie macro calculator
  • Golferdrone
    Golferdrone Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Find what works for you. Find the exercise burn rate that works for you. I found 3 calories per minute works great for myself. It is less than the machines provide, but it is my formula. I cut foods that work for me. I am a 5-8" male that weighs 242 and eat 1300 calories per day. I check my weight daily sometimes more. It works for me. Log as much information as possible and then adjust. I also recommend Monitor Your Weight app as an extra tracker. Helps display your trends
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options

Target losing 1 pound per week. That's a realistic target and won't leave you starving and grumpy. Yes, it will take you 40 weeks to lose the weight, but that's what it takes

I prefer Calorie Net's counter over MFP's.

Don't like that caculator it said I need to eat 1100 to lose 1lb lightly active or 900[/quote]

I agree that calculator isn't a healthy one
  • ahmedbilalukt
    Options
    Thanks for your guidence guys is it necesarry to do excersise or walking is enough.. Kindly check my food diary for reference
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Stop eating so much food.... that helps....
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

The only way MFP would have shown you under 1500 calories is if you accidentally checked the Female box. Now that MFP knows you are male, it won't give you less than 1500 calories.

With only 40 pounds to lose, set your weight loss goal for 1 pound per week and enjoy those calories.
  • ahmedbilalukt
    Options
    tvashi wrote: »
    Well, the calorie deficit is true - the basis is expending more energy than what you take in via eating - but fried and sugary foods will fill up the calories quickly and so do most "junk foods". Clean eating helps fill in the calorie gap (because fruits and veggies are super low in calories and full of nutrients!), but how you go about that is up to you. The escaping lunch is a terrible idea - especially at first, cause you'll be hungry and wanting to reach for a sugar filled calorie bomb.
    Do double check with a medical professional or nutritionist before embarking on a diet - you only have one body, and you don't want to embark on a diet change that will not have effect/ leave you without the appropriate nutrients etc.
    Also, it takes everyone different times to lose the weight - my first 10 slipped off in the first month, but everything after that has been a challenge, and I've been on for ~6 months. It all depends on how dedicated you are, if you're getting in all the necessary nutrients and vitamins. Exercise - even something like cooking or cleaning or walking - will really help build your deficits, muscle mass/ burn off fat, and help increase weight loss. There's no magic pill, but even walking for 30 minutes slowly is ~100 calorie burned off (and you can do that as part of your daily routine - jogging in place with your morning coffee, or going for a short break during work for 10 minutes at a time?)
    Do expect to plateau at some point - there will come a time when you don't see your weigh decreasing as quickly anymore - you've plateau'd. You just have to increase whatever you've been doing to get the weight loss going again. Expect minor set backs too - it happens, just move on.
    Don't think that skipping sleep is a good idea either - it actually helps gain fat rather than lose it. (This is in my experience, everyone's different.)

I hope any of the above helps! Feel free to take it as face value, since I know it's only based on my own experiences and is most likely different for everyone! Good luck reaching your goals! :)

• ahmedbilalukt
    Options
    Is it necessary to do excersise... Actually i am very lazy in excersise.. I use google fit which hv sets a goal of 1 hour walk daily... Which i complete daily.. It counts my steps and time which mostly more then hours... I dontt walk specially? Any guidence
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    walking helps, but if you eat less calories than your body uses, you'll lose weight even if you never leave your chair.

still, the minimum you should be eating is 1500 calories as a man.