"New" Original Skittles with... Green Apple?!

Options
So there I am eating a delicious bag of Skittles at my desk, when I get this funny taste in my mouth. Thinking I accidentally bought a bag of tropical Skittles, I verify that I indeed bought original. Then, I see "Now with green apple" on the corner. Green apple? Are you serious? Candy rule #1: don't tinker with "original." Original is not a test bed for "new and exciting" flavors. Put the new stuff in the sour Skittles or Tropical Fruit - those bags are where you can get away with putting the rif-raf flavors. So here I am counting and sorting my Skittles (I do groups of one of each color and eat the oddballs first) and I have a pile of green nasties that I can't eat, and my servings are four Skittles instead of five and it looks all weird and makes me agitated. I think the godless, soulless JM Wrigley owes me a new bag of REGULAR, pre-apple Skittles. And they need to put a black stripe down the side of the bag to signal the mourning of lime.

Replies

• GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Lime brought an amazing balance to skittles.

The push to reduce candy bar size to increase profit is also annoying. But hey, capitalism.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Never liked the lime. Lovin' the new apple!!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    they are dead to me.
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Green apple skittles are heaven
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Now I want to try the new green apple!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I will eat your unloved and unwanted green apple skittles.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I will burn them and send 'em to hell instead
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I am partial. I like the green apple alone, however not a fan of the flavor combination when you eat them at the same time. This is serious stuff.
  • RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    green apple does NOT belong in original. lime is the ONLY green for me!
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    You can take all of them out and drop them in vodka. Sift out the white gunk, and voila! Green apple-flavored vodka.:drinker:
  • errorika
    errorika Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am partial. I like the green apple alone, however not a fan of the flavor combination when you eat them at the same time. This is serious stuff.

This is exactly how I feel. I'm pretty passionate about the issue.

They put lime into the Skittles Darkside, and it tastes just like the original. Solution: buy a bag of each, sort, combine and voila: original skittles!
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    So there I am eating a delicious bag of Skittles at my desk, when I get this funny taste in my mouth. Thinking I accidentally bought a bag of tropical Skittles, I verify that I indeed bought original. Then, I see "Now with green apple" on the corner. Green apple? Are you serious? Candy rule #1: don't tinker with "original." Original is not a test bed for "new and exciting" flavors. Put the new stuff in the sour Skittles or Tropical Fruit - those bags are where you can get away with putting the rif-raf flavors. So here I am counting and sorting my Skittles (I do groups of one of each color and eat the oddballs first) and I have a pile of green nasties that I can't eat, and my servings are four Skittles instead of five and it looks all weird and makes me agitated. I think the godless, soulless JM Wrigley owes me a new bag of REGULAR, pre-apple Skittles. And they need to put a black stripe down the side of the bag to signal the mourning of lime.

Skittles were my favorite candy. My favorites were lime and grape. I like the red ones too..cherry? I had a very similar experience,and I have not bought a bag since.
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    thats too funny!!! My husband LOVES the original skittles. They're one of very few candies he will eat. We were out shopping a couple months ago and he saw the packaged...

He came over to me with a sad look on his face and said "the world has ended" , I asked what he meant and he said "they got rid of the Lime skittles and put in ****** green apple skittles, who the ***** likes green apple."

Ive never seen him so upset over a candy before. :( So I do know where you'e coming from. And I also hate green apple, so the few times a year I eat them will not be happening any more either.
  • So there I am eating a delicious bag of Skittles at my desk, when I get this funny taste in my mouth. Thinking I accidentally bought a bag of tropical Skittles, I verify that I indeed bought original. Then, I see "Now with green apple" on the corner. Green apple? Are you serious? Candy rule #1: don't tinker with "original." Original is not a test bed for "new and exciting" flavors. Put the new stuff in the sour Skittles or Tropical Fruit - those bags are where you can get away with putting the rif-raf flavors. So here I am counting and sorting my Skittles (I do groups of one of each color and eat the oddballs first) and I have a pile of green nasties that I can't eat, and my servings are four Skittles instead of five and it looks all weird and makes me agitated. I think the godless, soulless JM Wrigley owes me a new bag of REGULAR, pre-apple Skittles. And they need to put a black stripe down the side of the bag to signal the mourning of lime.

Skittles were my favorite candy. My favorites were lime and grape. I like the red ones too..cherry? I had a very similar experience,and I have not bought a bag since.

LOL you sort your colors too?? That's the first thing I do with them. I love my sour skittles.