Is it normal?

Options
Hello everyone,

I'been workingout and watching my calories to lose some weigh for a month now. I weighed my myself yesterday I was 94.2 kg today I I weight 94.5 even though I didn't reach my calorie limit!. I'm 9 kg away from my weight goal and it is very hard to lose weight I've been in the range of 94-95 kg for almost 2 weeks now. I'm really getting desperate.

Replies

• jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Water or food , waste . Try an app like trend weight get about 30 days of weights recorded and watch the trend .
    A lot of things can create fluctuations day to day , the trend is what is important
    . If you know your under and have been at or under your goal every day this week then you will see it drop down again.

Oh if you weigh same time of day , same clothes or lack of you will get a much better idea of what is actually happening.

If you are female you may find you have a couple of weeks each month that the scale stands still , or even increases a little only to drop rather dramatically a few days later , all normal
  • karimarie90
    karimarie90 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You may also be gaining muscle while losing fat which makes the numbers on the scale more unreliable. Try taking measurements of your body and/or before and after photos to give yourself a comparison. :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You're getting desperate because the scale hasn't changed in two weeks? Two whole weeks? And you've been dieting for a whole month now?

That's not how this works.
  • couturebody
    couturebody Posts: 71 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    You're getting desperate because the scale hasn't changed in two weeks? Two whole weeks? And you've been dieting for a whole month now?

Well, on average you can lose up to 2 pounds in a week, in a month you 8 pounds. When you're putting in the effort, you want results, especially when you're following your calorie goals.

That IS how this works.
  • couturebody
    couturebody Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    gl6h2 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I'been workingout and watching my calories to lose some weigh for a month now. I weighed my myself yesterday I was 94.2 kg today I I weight 94.5 even though I didn't reach my calorie limit!. I'm 9 kg away from my weight goal and it is very hard to lose weight I've been in the range of 94-95 kg for almost 2 weeks now. I'm really getting desperate.

Are you weighing yourself at the same time of day? You can retain anywhere up to 10lb of water weight from day to day.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    You may also be gaining muscle while losing fat which makes the numbers on the scale more unreliable. Try taking measurements of your body and/or before and after photos to give yourself a comparison. :)

You don't gain muscle in one month. You certainly don't do it while eating at a deficit.
  • rnelson88
    rnelson88 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    How far under your calorie limit are you each day? Are you doing cardio, weight training, or both? You should weigh yourself in the morning right after you wake up for most accurate body weight.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options

Well, on average you can lose up to 2 pounds in a week, in a month you 8 pounds. When you're putting in the effort, you want results, especially when you're following your calorie goals.

That IS how this works.

In a perfect system, perhaps. Nobody/no body is a perfect system.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    How many times are we going to explain that " building" muscle does not occur while you are in deficit!???? OP is in deficit, therefore not building muscle and there are other issues about weightloss
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    What @karimarie says! You could be building muscle. This will not change the scale. Do your clothes feel like they are fitting different? I know there are many opinions on this, but I personally don't weigh myself everyday. I weigh myself once a week on the same scale at the same time.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Keep carbs under 100 grams/day. Amazing! :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

That IS how this works.

"on average". are you familiar with have averages are calculated?

"2 pounds in a week". the OP has 15ish total pounds to lose. are you recommending 2 pound weekly losses for people with less than 20 pounds to lose?
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    How many times are we going to explain that " building" muscle does not occur while you are in deficit!???? OP is in deficit, therefore not building muscle and there are other issues about weightloss

One more time, at least. Really, I want to understand this. I try to stay about 200 under all my calories for the day -- 1300 + whatever calories earned by exercise. Let's say, I earn 400. I'll eat about 1500 for the day. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. So, that's a deficit and will cause weight loss, right?

I am doing cardio -- sometimes very strenuous for my legs AND I'm working with weights, kettle balls, etc., what is all that doing? Am I not building muscle?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    Sunday I weighed 157.8. Yesterday I weighed 158.0. This morning I weighed 157.8. These type of fluctuations are perfectly normal. If you weigh yourself daily and log it in a trending app you will see a downward trend. But some days you will be up and some days you will be down. I ate more yesterday than I did on Monday but was still down a little this morning. Weight loss is not linear. It will be up and down.
  • gl6h2
    gl6h2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    rnelson88 wrote: »
    How far under your calorie limit are you each day? Are you doing cardio, weight training, or both? You should weigh yourself in the morning right after you wake up for most accurate body weight.

I skip around 500 calories a day. I've been doing cardio for the last month and I just started weight lifting today.