Low Carb Sushi?

Options
stephinator92
stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
Does anyone know of any low carb sushi either takeout or to make at home? Has anyone tried replacing the rice with quinoa? (Obviously sashimi is the best choice, but I love the rolls!!)

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I was going to say low carb sushi is sashimi. lol. I'm not low carbing and I only eat sushi about once a month so I just live it up and eat the rice!
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Ha I may have to cut it back- I'm completely addicted!!!
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    There is the rolls wrapped in cucumber "Naruto" style.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Naruto style for sure, or hand rolls, just skip the rice or you can try doing a cauliflower rice sub at home LIKE THIS
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I can't help much with low carb. To me, sushi is one of those things you splurge on once in a while and enjoy it as it is. Messing with it to make it low carb would just ruin it, IMO.

Of course, if you're making it yourself, you can have less rice. Same if you're at a restaurant where you can request easy on the rice. I tend to go to a (really good) all-you-can-eat bar, though, so there's rice aplenty. That's why it's once in a while! :blush:
  • wo1wendy
    wo1wendy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    There is a place near me that has low carb sushi. All fish inside the roll and no rice. Very good. You can taste all the flavors of the fish. I would suggest you go to a good sushi restaurant and ask the waitress if there is any without the rice
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I'll chime in on naruto rolls. Most places I go to have them and they're so good. I don't miss rice at all.