how do I change my profile name to my real name

Options
hil9188
hil9188 Posts: 10 Member
I'm wondering how to do this because I see everyone else has their name and I just have hil9188 which is just the beginning of my email

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I don't want my real name on a forum, just me...but you would need to send an email to the admins ("Contact Us" is at the bottom of the page.)

Or you could just start a new account. It would have to be on another email, though.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,020 Member
    Options
    If you go into settings on the desktop version you can change your user name there. I don't know if you can do it on the app. It will only let you change it once so be sure you really want to use your real name.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Be careful of using your real name on internet forums. If you are going to post anything private, embarrassing, or that might cause issues were someone you know in real life to read your post, then don't do it. Anything you post under your real name could show up in a quick search. At most I would suggest your first and/or middle name, but not last name.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I can see changing your username, but I have no idea why you would want to use your actual name as a user name. I don't even use my real name on FB.