Why is fitbit adding calories to my daily goal?

Options
I know that NEAT doesn't count exercise, but doesn't it consider daily movements like steps?

Fitbit has already added 300 calories to my goal today because of the steps i've taken.

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Because at this moment when Fitbit has synced with MFP and you have checked your caloric goal for the day, you have gone above your estimated goal of the Activity Level you set; which you have reported before as being set to Sedentary. As you move more, your Fitbit may report more Calories burned from movement than the estimated Sedentary activity level. Throughout the day, MFP will estimate your full-day Calorie burn by projecting the current movement reported by Fitbit as continuing until midnight. After the next update, if you don't move as much, Fitbit will not provide as many extra Calories burned, and MFP will readjust your full-day projection.
  • katej37
    katej37 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Nope any activity recorded by fitbit counts as exercise - depending on what you have your activity level set at on here. I changed from sedentary to lightly active and it takes me longer to earn calories from fitbit now.
  • Microscopes
    Microscopes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    Because at this moment when Fitbit has synced with MFP and you have checked your caloric goal for the day, you have gone above your estimated goal of the Activity Level you set; which you have reported before as being set to Sedentary. As you move more, your Fitbit may report more Calories burned from movement than the estimated Sedentary activity level. Throughout the day, MFP will estimate your full-day Calorie burn by projecting the current movement reported by Fitbit as continuing until midnight. After the next update, if you don't move as much, Fitbit will not provide as many extra Calories burned, and MFP will readjust your full-day projection.

That makes sense. Thank you.