Senior Woman who is a Beginner

Options
Mature Christian woman who needs some motivation. Due to health issues I am limited to how much exercise I can do. Walking and Stationary Cycling is it for now. Need to lose a lot of weight, it would be great if I could lose 50 pounds. Medications have caused weight gain. Could use a Good Motivational Cheerleader.

Replies

• Godsgirl42
    Godsgirl42 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    I'm a 50 year old Christian woman. I have health issues also. I have 125 to lose. I'll do this with you!!
  • bragaj17
    bragaj17 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, but it's not Noah's ark! I'm 59 and have about 60-70 pounds to lose. I've been doing this since 2/1 and have lost 9 pounds. I'm not an exerciser due to chronic back pain. But I'm here logging in daily!
    I don't know how to add friends, but you're more than welcome to add me!
  • mhampton52
    mhampton52 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Marilyn and would love to join you in getting healthy. Not sure how to become friends but hope this does it. Thank's for replying.
  • bragaj17
    Options
    Mhampton52 I just tried to add you as a friend. Let me know if it worked! I have no idea what I'm doing, just searched and played around til something happened! LOL!
  • Terriers007
    Terriers007 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    In the same boat. Recovering from reverse shoulder replacement surgery and since the end of January have been dealing with sciatica due to me picking up container of mortar twice with one arm. Limited to exercises but did a little today. Walking around the block is the best exercise.
  • mhampton52
    Options
    Bragaj17, we did it now friend, you should be able to see me as a friend.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    53-year old married Christian male, 26 lb along toward losing 112. My exercises are treadmill very brisk walking or jogging and a few others, squats, push-ups, standing bicep curls. Sometimes I ride a bicycle for a few minutes. I seem to be chatty on this site, so if you friend me I'll say stuff. I'll admonish you to accurately and completely enter everything you eat. If you are eating to excess, you have to own it in your diary. I'm presently operating on a 1300-1400 calorie daily diet and keeping my daily sodium below 1500 mg.
  • bragaj17
    Options
    I took a walk today with my pups at a craft fair. The little one needed to be socialized, and all 3 of us need the exercise. Right now, they're both passed out on my lap. It's a great day!
  • mhampton52
    Options
    Sounds like a fun time for all. How is your day going? Taking it slow and relaxed with hubby.
    Marilyn
  • mightymikemilocato
    mightymikemilocato Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi add me
  • bragaj17
    Options
    Marilyn,
    Not so relaxing day here! I made roast leg of lamb with potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots and asparagus. I also made a pot of chicken soup and sweet potato jerky for the pups.
    I changed the bed linens, flipped the mattress (not an easy feat all alone), and did laundry.
    Then I went grocery shopping for my mother in law and visited her in the assisted living.
    Now, I'm finally home, relaxing with my pups and realizing (too late), that I forgot to eat!
    Happy Easter!
    Jody
  • bragaj17
    Options
    Yippee! I finally broke the 10 pound barrier!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome all
    bragaj17 Congrats on the 10 pounds!!!!
  • mhampton52
    Options
    Thank you Nancy.
  • motorcyclecam
    motorcyclecam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Christian woman here! Was given a forever diagnosis of autoimmune, Fibromyalgia and DDD but refused to give up. Was on morphine pump, a cane, my flares kept me in bed 5 out of 7 days a week. Could barely walk and had 50 pounds to lose. I began my journey with changing my food and slowly walking short distances. I am off all medication, have lost 55 pounds and am walking 10 miles a day, jogging 1 1/2. Passionate about helping others and praising God for healing and strength!
  • bragaj17
    Options
    Motorcyclecam...that's our awesome God at work!
  • bragaj17
    Options
    I have a long time habit of beginning my "eating day" around 3-4pm. I've been doing this since childhood, you know, coming home from school and having an after school snack. And I've gained and lost tremendous amounts of weight in the past 40-50 years!
    Now I'm finding that after supper, (because I'm being careful about what and how much I'm eating), I haven't had enough calories for the day, so I'm snacking at night, not because I'm hungry, but because I need to boost my caloric intake for the day. I know this isn't healthy, but neither is a 600-800 calorie day.
    I need to start eating sooner in the day whether or not I feel hungry to insure I've eaten enough BEFORE 7pm.
    I'd appreciate prayer to break my habit.
    Thanks!
  • mhampton52
    Options
    Jody, Try eating 5-6 small meals a day. Cut your carbs down for each meal. Even if you are not hungry for a meal try to have a healthy snack of some kind and balance your carbs and protein. I have hypoglycemia and severe Gastroparesis; this is what my doctor and dietician recommended. Try Ensure or Glucerna. Drink fluids to help digestion and kidneys to function. Set up some alarms to remind you to eat.