I'm Scott From North Olmsted, OH!

Options
Just starting on my journey to getting healthier and loosing a few pounds! New to the program, so I would live to make some new friends out there. I am a law enforcement officer and committed to smashing these roadblocks that have hindered my life for so long, eating unhealthy food!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Whoa, there LEO.... All this talk about smashing roadblocks. Sounds.... violent!

I kid. Welcome to MFP - I hope you find what you're looking for here. I started and stopped several times with the fitness/weight journey. One piece of advice that really helped me (ok, so 2) - be honest with yourself. Even if you have to lock your food diary so no one else can see it, at least record your food and drink honestly. The second piece of advice I got was to not view any food as 'unhealthy' or off limits. Making something taboo makes it harder to resist.

Fastforward 3 years, I've lost and kept off 70 pounds... and I still get to eat chocolate and drink beer and have cookies and cake (and pizza). As long as I'm honest with myself in my diary - and make sure it all balances out in the end.

Anyway - Welcome. :)