carbs

Options
please could you help me with setting my macros? i want to gain, but 216g carbs seems to be too much for me..i spent my day mostly sedentary, just working out 3-5x per week. what do you think? thanks (the goal is 1730kcal if necesary :D)

Replies

• Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I think we need more info. The macro breakdown is an MFP suggestion; you can set it yourself when setting up your goals. Also, if you're trying to gain, why are you working out so much and worried about carbs?
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    what do you want to gain? muscles or just weight? I am on 222g carbs on a 40:30:30 ratio and eating 2200 (ish) cals. Working out 6x week with weights (one of those is a martial arts class, the rest all weights)

You gotta work it oout based on your height/weight TDEE and all that stuff.

As for gainz - I have been having ridiculous weight fluctuations of 2kg up and down, but overall have put on 1 solid kilo (regardless of fluctuations) of muscle. BF% dropped 2% from 20 to 18%.
  • beky16
    beky16 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    what do you want to gain? muscles or just weight? I am on 222g carbs on a 40:30:30 ratio and eating 2200 (ish) cals. Working out 6x week with weights (one of those is a martial arts class, the rest all weights)

As for gainz - I have been having ridiculous weight fluctuations of 2kg up and down, but overall have put on 1 solid kilo (regardless of fluctuations) of muscle. BF% dropped 2% from 20 to 18%.

I want to gain muscles. if I do 40:30:30ratio I have 3,1g protein/kg and 1,4g fat/kg..isn´t the protein too much? I also have 18%BF. I work out 2-3x week with weights and 1-2x crossfit technique (without weights so it isnt hard :)) for someone it can be too much but i prefer this than sitting 7hours in school and then laying 7hours in bed with my notebook :(
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    beky16 wrote: »
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »

I want to gain muscles. if I do 40:30:30ratio I have 3,1g protein/kg and 1,4g fat/kg..isn´t the protein too much? I also have 18%BF. I work out 2-3x week with weights and 1-2x crossfit technique (without weights so it isnt hard :)) for someone it can be too much but i prefer this than sitting 7hours in school and then laying 7hours in bed with my notebook :(

then you need to eat in a 250 calorie surplus, get on a structured lifting program, and set your macros to .65 to .85 grams of protein per pound of body weight; .45 grams of fat; and fill in rest with carbs...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Are you actually gaining on 1730 calories.. that is weight loss for most people, unless they have a crazy slow metabolims, which I only see in those with hypothyroidism.

And if you are trying to gain mass, then carbs are your friend.