Need diet advice to loose weight and for UFC training

Options
CassieR6
CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
edited March 2016 in Food and Nutrition
My boyfriend joined a UFC gym and the UFC. He needs to loose 70lbs then he can start training to be put in the ring. So basically we need ideas for nutrition and what kinda intake he should have to loose the weight and gain muscle. He plans on starting at 5 days a week at the gym and eventually 7 days. Thank you!

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    You can't loose weight, but you can lose it. No idea what "adivce" is, but he can start doing HIIT. :)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    CassieP16 wrote: »
    My boyfriend joined a UFC gym and the UFC. He needs to loose 70lbs then he can start training to be put in the ring. So basically we need ideas for nutrition and what kinda intake he should have to loose the weight and gain muscle. He plans on starting at 5 days a week at the gym and eventually 7 days. Thank you!

To an appreciable level in a reasonable time frame dropping body fat and gaining muscle mass will not happen at the same time.

Calorie deficit to drop bodyfat.

Calorie surplus to gain appreciable mass.

There are other ways. I hear the UFC is full of one of them.
  • fernbusby
    fernbusby Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Do you mean an MMA gym?
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    UFC? You might need some protein. It is around the time of year people have spare hard boiled eggs they put out for the Easter Bunny.
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thank you