Leftover macaroni salad

Options
Minor backstory - had a bbq and got left with a whole tub of macaroni salad. I'm not going to eat all this. No idea what to do with leftover macaroni salad! Ideas?

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Eat some and throw the rest away within 3-5 days?
    The type of macaroni salad I know are not something you can really use another way or freeze.
  • Ketzalitzli2
    Ketzalitzli2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That's what I thought. Ugh. I hate wasting which is my biggest issue. Might give some away to neighbors or something. The rest is going to have to go in the trash. There is literally nothing you can do with leftover macaroni salad and my sister made enough to feed an army! lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Make some fit in your days then when you're sick of it throw the rest away.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Eh well, it gets easier to toss food after awhile. My daughter had a grocery store birthday cake last year for her party. The kids ate a third of it and then we had the rest left over. It wasn't that great and none of us had any real interest in eating it, so we chucked the rest of the cake the next day. You could view it as either $9 of uneaten cake in the trash or 1-1.5lbs of unnecessary possible fat gain in the trash. I imagine it was something like 4000-5000 calories of cake left. Thankfully, stuff like that doesn't happen too often, but when it does, it is what it is.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Take it to work. My coworkers will eat anything that's free!
  • Ketzalitzli2
    Ketzalitzli2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »

Good idea! :)
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Good idea! :)

That's a great idea... Lol!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

False economy if you are already fat though, particularly for something very calorie dense like macaroni salad. One of the stumbling blocks for weight loss to me was the idea of giving up eating something just because it was free.

Yesterday, there were many free treats at work, but I didn't take any of them. Sure it was free, but I did not know how many calories were in it and I didn't feel like they were worth making it fit. I got a lot of odd side eyes from my co-workers about it when they asked if I had gotten something. I said I didn't need it. "Well you are not fat and it is free!" I'm not fat because I don't eat every free thing tossed at me here. :|