Hopeful in Oklahoma!

Hi, to all you regular MFP users! I'm Daylene from Oklahoma and I'm sure like many of you tried many things over the years to lose weight and eat heathlier. I love food, and wasn't raised on "healthy" food as a priority. So, of course, all my favorite foods are something to be eaten in moderation--not everyday!

I have a hard time staying on a diet because sugar is my worst addiction and I'm hungry all the time. I asked a friend in another state how she had lost 80 pounds and she referred me to MFP and simple walking.

So far it's been 3 days and I think I can do this. I've logged my food diary and added 2 recipes. I love that I can scan items!! I'll be glad to get more food entered so that daily process goes much faster.

I am still learning about using the forum, etc. (I saw my inbox last night but have no idea where to find it now.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,237 MFP Moderator
    You've got this! Welcome to MFP!
  • rdstrickland7
    rdstrickland7 Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you!
  • gingerbee33
    gingerbee33 Posts: 69 Member
    Hi. Sounds like you are on your way! MFP is a great addition to a healthy lifestyle. I used it regularly for many, many months and was able to lose almost 40 lbs and have kept it off. I am now wishing to lose a little more, so I have begun logging my meals and exercise once again. I am slowly getting back on track. Today, not so much, but it's a work in progress.