Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Replies

• jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Finished the 5k-had a great time! Off to spend the weekend with the kids at the beach house. Have a great weekend everyone :)
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Finished the 5k-had a great time! Off to spend the weekend with the kids at the beach house. Have a great weekend everyone :)

OMG that's amazing! Congratulations on your 5 k run
  • jenjencin78
    HeyaBerg wrote: »

Thanks! I run 4-5 a year for various charities. The doctors that I work for sponsored me in this one which was super sweet. I love running but haven't been doing it as often as I'd like to since the move. Need to make more time for it! A pic from the race.

a88rrb8uhe2s.jpeg
  • Gimsteinn

Thanks! I run 4-5 a year for various charities. The doctors that I work for sponsored me in this one which was super sweet. I love running but haven't been doing it as often as I'd like to since the move. Need to make more time for it! A pic from the race.

a88rrb8uhe2s.jpeg

Wow I'm so proud of you.. and you look amazing after 5k ! I can't even run 1 mile..
    People like you are heroes :*
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Great job JJ!!! I used to get roped into running 5k races with a boss I had ages ago. She wasn't in great shape at all but she wanted to get healthier so I was happy to help her out
  • jenjencin78
    edited September 2016
    I love running races-the energy at the starting line, you can feel it and when the starting horn sounds and everyone takes off...awesome feeling. This course was a bit hilly which I wasn't expecting. Wound up with blisters, wore the wrong socks for hills and it's super humid so I was pretty sweaty lol. I'm doing two more races in October, one is a Halloween 5k and we run in costume. Two years ago I ran as Wonder Woman lol.

fpgjegrhr9yg.jpeg
  • synchkat
    That's fun. A dress up run would be awesome
  • jenjencin78
    edited September 2016
    It's so much fun! This will be my 5th year running the race. One year I was Carmen Miranda, one year a German Beer girl, Wonder Woman and one year I wore regular clothes because it was effing snowing in October. That was the only time I ever considered not finishing a race. I do NOT enjoy running in the snow! I don't know what to dress up as this year...
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Congrats Jen - that is awesome. Glad you had fun! Enjoy your beach time!
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    It's so much fun! This will be my 5th year running the race. One year I was Carmen Miranda, one year a German Beer girl, Wonder Woman and one year I wore regular clothes because it was effing snowing in October. That was the only time I ever considered not finishing a race. I do NOT enjoy running in the snow! I don't know what to dress up as this year...

Carmen Sandiego? Snow White? Or how about Taco Belle in the picture below? I found the last one from here http://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2015/10/heres-what-you-should-dress-up-as-for-halloween-based-on-your-myers-briggs-personality-type/

• Gimsteinn
    I love running races-the energy at the starting line, you can feel it and when the starting horn sounds and everyone takes off...awesome feeling. This course was a bit hilly which I wasn't expecting. Wound up with blisters, wore the wrong socks for hills and it's super humid so I was pretty sweaty lol. I'm doing two more races in October, one is a Halloween 5k and we run in costume. Two years ago I ran as Wonder Woman lol.

fpgjegrhr9yg.jpeg

I love this!!! This would be the only way to get me running.. Oh or if a bear was chasing after me... I'll run if there's a bear, or zombies
  • synchkat
    haha H. I think running from a bear or zombies is an excellent idea.
    I hate running but I have cute running shorts so that helps
  • Gimsteinn
    synchkat wrote: »
    haha H. I think running from a bear or zombies is an excellent idea.
    I hate running but I have cute running shorts so that helps

My thighs would jiggle to much if I ran in shorts :lol:

But hi guys, how's everyone's Sunday going?
  • 888Butterfly888
    888Butterfly888 Posts: 3,203 Member
    Hi all. My Sunday is boring. You?
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    I am thinking about moving a certain wood pile so it is no longer in my normal walking path.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member

a88rrb8uhe2s.jpeg

good job JJ! :)
  • T0M_K

fpgjegrhr9yg.jpeg

I love this!!! This would be the only way to get me running.. Oh or if a bear was chasing after me... I'll run if there's a bear, or zombies

lol. you know what they say.... if there is a bear chasing us, i only have to run faster than you :P
  • 888Butterfly888
    888Butterfly888 Posts: 3,203 Member
    Good morning everyone!
  • T0M_K
    so Good Monday morning all :) Tomorrow off to NJ for, get this a 90 minute meeting. yes, 6 hour drive for a 90 minute meeting!! lol. lordy!
  • synchkat
    Good morning all

So the running bears...I saw a bear at the zoo yesterday, they are huge do you think they run very fast?