Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Options

Replies

• J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    Good morning ya'll! Hope your day is good to you and not as weird as yesterday around here...

Good Morning hottie :*
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    morning Aly.
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    mleech77 wrote: »
    HeyaBerg wrote: »
    Morning @tomk5383 Love that bike!!

:) thanks!! i decided to shift from the Dirt/motocross to the street since i'm old! lol. nothing like riding a bike !

Couldn't agree more. Love my street bike. Thankfully when we had our son my wife went the route of "you need new safety gear if you're going to continue to ride" instead of "you should sell your motorcycle".

for sure. i wear a full face helmet - no windshield, and gloves at a minimum. will be nice when it gets cooler and a jacket is more comfortable.

Minimum for me is boots, gauntlet gloves, jacket, full face helmet, and at least jeans (usually riding pants). The only time I've ridden the bike without at least that was to ride from one side of the race paddock to the other. I squidded it up in style.

Definitely can't wait for it to get cooler and I can ditch the textile/mesh jacket for leather again.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    J383 wrote: »
    Good morning ya'll! Hope your day is good to you and not as weird as yesterday around here...

Morning love! <3 Missed your face so hard!
    morning Aly.

Morning Tom! :*

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    HeyaBerg wrote: »
    Morning @tomk5383 Love that bike!!

:) thanks!! i decided to shift from the Dirt/motocross to the street since i'm old! lol. nothing like riding a bike !

Couldn't agree more. Love my street bike. Thankfully when we had our son my wife went the route of "you need new safety gear if you're going to continue to ride" instead of "you should sell your motorcycle".

for sure. i wear a full face helmet - no windshield, and gloves at a minimum. will be nice when it gets cooler and a jacket is more comfortable.

Minimum for me is boots, gauntlet gloves, jacket, full face helmet, and at least jeans (usually riding pants). The only time I've ridden the bike without at least that was to ride from one side of the race paddock to the other. I squidded it up in style.

Definitely can't wait for it to get cooler and I can ditch the textile/mesh jacket for leather again.

what do you ride? mine is just a V Star 650. sometimes i wish it was bigger, but it does what i need. good bike and the price was right.
  • mleech77
    Options
    :lol: it is mostly legal terminology

My story if anyone is interested is about a detective on a road trip holiday that concludes with her chasing down a serial killer in a small hick town in rural America. It's the kind of place that still has B&W television and one solitary payphone. She gets caught up in the investigation of the local police force and swept along for the ride. I have tried to take inspiration from American psycho and some of Stephen Kings novels only with less of that SK vibe!

I don't expect I'll make any money from it but it is a process and a enjoyable one at that.

Sounds good. Not sure there are any payphones anywhere left in america though.

really? is this the case in rural small towns with no cell reception?

Oh there definitely are. I just did a 14 state RV trip during the month of June and saw plenty of them. We joked that we were at historic sites every time we saw one of them, or a video rental store.

Fantastic. If you don't mind me asking, is the typical horror film rural town In America cliché fairly accurate?

I'm thinking single garage and place to get gas.
    Limited places of entertainment, possibly a diner or two.
    Very low population with hard to reach homes smothered in farmland and difficult terrain
    Everyone knows everyone set up and limited possibly underskilled law enforcement.

I want to get out there but finances are tight.

Having grown up in several rural communities, the typical portrayal is fairly accurate. Obviously depending on the area there will be some variances. It was a big deal where I grew up when we finally got the second grocery store, and the McDonald's opened up. We were the biggest town in the area as well, I mean we had three traffic lights, and there was only one other traffic light in the entire county. I had several friends that would have to drive ~60 minutes just to get to a grocery store, gas station, etc.

Thank you, very grateful

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me, I've lived in rural mountain communities, rural costal communities, and in semi rural suburbs outside a major metro area.
  • J383
    Options

Morning love! <3 Missed your face so hard!
    morning Aly.

Morning Tom! :*

Awww. Ive missed your face harder >:)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Do you get to rest today?
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Don't want the pics here forever ;)

• J383
    Options

yes!! Have the day off. I couldnt even sleep in. So used to getting up at 5am. haha!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

yes!! Have the day off. I couldnt even sleep in. So used to getting up at 5am. haha!

Hahah! I get it, I have one day per week that I don't have to get up at 3, do you think I can ever sleep past 4? NOPE!
  • mleech77
    Options
    @Tomk652015, 2001 Yamaha R6. Couldn't pass up the price at the time, and it's been great to me. Yamaha makes an unbelievable bike. This was taken shortly before my crash at 160mph during a race. Now it's back to it's street plastics though.
    full.jpg
  • J383
    Options

Hahah! I get it, I have one day per week that I don't have to get up at 3, do you think I can ever sleep past 4? NOPE!

oh Aly...3am. I would make you stay and snuggle me. :p
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Mmmm that is an offer I couldn't refuse!
  • mleech77
    edited August 2016
    Options
    That's a nice looking RR @HeyaBerg. I looked at one of those, but just couldn't get used to the brick they put where the seat should be. :smile:
  • Gimsteinn
    edited August 2016
    Options

Haha cheers, this is gonna sound lame as hell but dad bought it.. And the seat is even harder now after it was lowered but I've got a good cushion to sit on :D
  • J383
    Options

Mmmm that is an offer I couldn't refuse!

You could try if you wanted, wouldnt matter. :D
  • Gimsteinn
    Options
    @Tomk652015, 2001 Yamaha R6. Couldn't pass up the price at the time, and it's been great to me. Yamaha makes an unbelievable bike. This was taken shortly before my crash at 160mph during a race. Now it's back to it's street plastics though.
    full.jpg

Love this pic