Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Replies

• Bill9160
    Bill9160 Posts: 8,600 Member
    Damn...I missed dress up day
  • Kladge14
    Kladge14 Posts: 227 Member
    Start a new forum for costumes and decorations
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Mayne she had lots of grandchildren?

That's what I'm assuming. You'd think after so many years of someone not purchasing anything, they'd stop sending the catalogs though. I've been here for 10 years now.

I don't think they ever give up.
    At our old house we got mail for several owners ago. It's nuts
  • Bill9160
    Hello all...

Hey Ali....how are you feeling?
  • AliNouveau
    happy Saturday Bill
    I feel a lot better. Two nights in a row of lots of sleep seems to have helped. I find lately I seem to run myself ragged then have this crash and need to just rest. Stupid bodies
  • Bill9160
    Thought of you last night...was watching curling. US vs Sweden....still don't understand some things but I enjoy it
  • AliNouveau
    The scoring in curling is the most confusing. Sometimes too they'll knock their own rocks out to blank an end and retain hammer which is the last rock and therefore an advantage.
  • Bill9160
    It's the guy near the button end holding the broom nowhere near where he wants the shot. Sometimes it's close...other times it way away...
  • AliNouveau
    He's called the skip. Or she. And they'll tap where they want the rock to end up and then hold the broom where the shooter person is to aim it. The rock will spin along the ice and curl. The curl is how much it moves or arcs. The softer you throw it the greater the curl. So for a take out when you're throwing with a lot of weight or oomph as I call it you will hold the broom closer to the rock you want to hit. A draw, when you float it into the rings or a guard, when it's above the rings you'll hold the broom farther from where you want the rock to land because it's being thrown lighter.

The skip will yell stuff like hack (the hack is where you push off from) weight or backline weight, t line weight, normal, board weight, board up. Those all tell the thrower how hard or light to throw
  • Bill9160
    Cool....thank you.
    On TV it doesn't look like it actually curls that much....that is probably why it looked confusing.
  • Bill9160
    Ok Ali.....be kind....this is my first attemptbepviwgfvwoh.jpg
  • AliNouveau
    bill9160 wrote: »
    Cool....thank you.
    On TV it doesn't look like it actually curls that much....that is probably why it looked confusing.

Ya the perspective is all off. Sometimes rocks can curl like six feet or will drift sideways
  • AliNouveau
    bill9160 wrote: »
    Ok Ali.....be kind....this is my first attemptbepviwgfvwoh.jpg

Those look awesome good job!!!! They have a beautiful colour. Hope you enjoy them
  • Bill9160
    I think they taste great...

No malt powder...and used ice cubes instead of boiling water
  • AliNouveau
    I use ice cubes too. I force the first rising faster with boiling water.

Fresh baguettes are the best
  • AliNouveau
    I'm making pot pies today
  • Bill9160
    They are delicious....nice crust, pillowy inside.

Love pot pies....great winter meal
  • AliNouveau
    It's a good recipe.
    I'm making beef and mushroom and some chicken ones as well
  • Bill9160
    Have never had beef...just turkey & chicken.
  • AliNouveau
    In my family we'd have meat pies which meant beef. Can you guess these have rosemary in them. Haha hu3dkayev2e3.jpg