Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Options

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,320 Member
    Options
    Gustaaf85 wrote: »
    lx1x wrote: »
    @burlygirl91 well licensed you are allowed and indeed safely locked away in a safe. And ammunition can't be in same place. Even for police officers

Interesting..

My old neigbor is part of a shooting club/association.
    And he has a gun @ home in his safe. But his ammo is at the club and he is not allowed to have that at home. They check that 4-6 times a year for every club member.

Ok.. what would that do though.. why bother owning one. (Just thinking out loud)

• Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    @burlygirl91 well licensed you are allowed and indeed safely locked away in a safe. And ammunition can't be in same place. Even for police officers

Interesting..

And he has a gun @ home in his safe. But his ammo is at the club and he is not allowed to have that at home. They check that 4-6 times a year for every club member.

Ok.. what would that do though.. why bother owning one. (Just thinking out loud)

If you enjoy shooting, it would allow you to go shooting. If I lived there, I'd definitely belong to a club...I love to shoot
  • lx1x
    Options
    Wow.

Any report on why he did it?

No idea. First they thought he aimed at a certain person and it was a vendetta, but now appearantly they do not know eachother and it seems like a terrorist attack.
    But no real motivs announced.
    And isn't it that you guys have strict gun laws?

And yes we have strict gun regulation laws. You are not allowed to have guns in home or anything. But criminals can get their "stuff" of the dark web easily nowadays.

He had a long list of criminal activities already, should have been locked away on forehand.
    But our justice system is strange, for murder you sometimes get only 3-4 years here

Sounds a bit like other here with the lenient sentences. We're allowed guns at home though, just licensed and cased properly

Yeah same here . Criminals comes and goes.. revolving doors we call it..

Sounds familiar

My pet peeves around here.. only the law abiders follow the laws.. and yet they creating new laws that criminal won't follow.
  • lx1x
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »

Interesting..

If you enjoy shooting, it would allow you to go shooting. If I lived there, I'd definitely belong to a club...I love to shoot

I do belong to a club.. I hunt.. I compete (just taking a break). I train safety.. 😉
  • lx1x
    Options
    Yeah that's the law system at it's finest.
    Well they have to make laws, so they can prosecute people who don't follow the law i guess, if they capture them

Sadly.. we have been pushing hard for that kind of law.. but they are more on taking away from law abiders.
  • lx1x
    edited March 2019
    Options

Interesting..

I do belong to a club.. I hunt.. I compete (just taking a break). I train safety.. 😉

It's much different in USA. Gun owning is a right over there i think (something about amendment)

Protected constitutional rights.. hell it's even on the second top list of rights.. ;)

• Reckoner67
    Options

Interesting..

It's much different in USA. Gun owning is a right over there i think (something about amendment)

Yeah, it's a right for us. As someone who loves to shoot, I'm glad it is; if I lived elsewhere, I'd definitely do what I could to be able to shoot according to the laws there, too.

Not quite firearms, but if you love bowling and you ever get a chance to shoot archery? I highly recommend it. Still gonna focus on body control and consistency (which I assume is big in bowling), with all the fun of punching holes in paper from a distance :) And your primary competition is yourself
  • lx1x
    Options
    Gun fatality would be low in the USA if we removed the deaths in thre major cities..lol
  • lx1x
    Options

Interesting..

Yeah, it's a right for us. As someone who loves to shoot, I'm glad it is; if I lived elsewhere, I'd definitely do what I could to be able to shoot according to the laws there, too.

Not quite firearms, but if you love bowling and you ever get a chance to shoot archery? I highly recommend it. Still gonna focus on body control and consistency (which I assume is big in bowling), with all the fun of punching holes in paper from a distance :) And your primary competition is yourself

Have a compound bow and a crossbow. 😇
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    Trolling the standing-bear on the 3D course last year when my son and I were out, heheh

hu540t3lum4n.png
  • lx1x
    Options

Interesting..

Have a compound bow and a crossbow. 😇

You use them to hunt as well?

Yes..

We have archery, firearm and muzzleloader seasons for deer hunting.
  • lx1x
    Options
    Trolling the standing-bear on the 3D course last year when my son and I were out, heheh

hu540t3lum4n.png

That will only piss off the bear more... Lol
  • lx1x
    Options
    Would love to be able to hunt myself, you know, just in case.
    But would use archery then, no firearms. Firearms kinda scare me

Nothing to be scared about it.. I've taught new shooters.. scary at first.. but enjoyed themselves at the end. Key is safety.
  • lx1x
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Just washed the car. Too many posts to catch up. Food time

my5392eyznat.jpeg

Looks yummy..

Edited
  • lx1x
    Options
    Would love to be able to hunt myself, you know, just in case.
    But would use archery then, no firearms. Firearms kinda scare me

Nothing to be scared about it.. I've taught new shooters.. scary at first.. but enjoyed themselves at the end. Key is safety.

Well if i ever would, i contact you for instructions!

Anytime.. I'm always happy to help..
  • lx1x
    edited March 2019
    Options
    East.. close to Wash DC area

Brb.. I'm hungry .. need to fetch me lunch..
  • lx1x
    Options
    So Maryland? Or more closer to Virginia

Maryland..
  • lx1x
    Options

my5392eyznat.jpeg

Steven in the house and it's about food again, lol

Damn dude! How many times a week you get take-out food? Is it cheaper then cooking yourself?

I usually do 1 cheat lunch during the work week which is on thursdays. Sometimes tuesdays at home i do chinese take out and still remain within cals.

This was 5.50$ usd. So yea its pretty damn cheap

That's what I miss working downtown DC.. lots of food choices and cheap.
  • lx1x
    Options

my5392eyznat.jpeg

Steven in the house and it's about food again, lol

Damn dude! How many times a week you get take-out food? Is it cheaper then cooking yourself?

I usually do 1 cheat lunch during the work week which is on thursdays. Sometimes tuesdays at home i do chinese take out and still remain within cals.

This was 5.50$ usd. So yea its pretty damn cheap

That's what I miss working downtown DC.. lots of food choices and cheap.

Would be so bad if take-out food was so cheap over here, unless the healthy ones were cheap as well

Plenty healthy food to be found in business side of DC.. u
  • lx1x
    Options
    Latrz gus