Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Options

Replies

• jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    FLgirl40 wrote: »
    alypri wrote: »
    Lol I know, it does seem like forever! How was the weekend with the hubby?

It was good. I have to be honest and say I'm a little spoiled when he's gone. I don't have to cook or clean as much and my time is my own. I was reminded shortly after he arrived home just how much him and my son can mess up a house. lol But, It was good to see him and spend time with him. What little time I got because when he's home our son wants his attention 24/7.

So glad he's home and hope you guys had a nice reunion!
  • LiftingLisa
    LiftingLisa Posts: 12,345 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jen. He leaves today for another five weeks.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    FLgirl40 wrote: »
    alypri wrote: »
    Lol I know, it does seem like forever! How was the weekend with the hubby?

It was good. I have to be honest and say I'm a little spoiled when he's gone. I don't have to cook or clean as much and my time is my own. I was reminded shortly after he arrived home just how much him and my son can mess up a house. lol But, It was good to see him and spend time with him. What little time I got because when he's home our son wants his attention 24/7.

Glad you got to see him and I can totally understand all of that!
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I prefer not to let social media influence or spread fear into me. Though, I also don't plan on buying a vacation house in a drug run country, either. The asian countries I mentioned? No problem. I'm sure if you wanna go to somewhere in mid or south America, it could be a different story. I don't like spanish, though :lol:
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    xSPICYx wrote: »
    lauranorr wrote: »
    Not so sure about kidnapped, but more than likely murdered if they piss off the locals by doing something like sleeping with someones spouse, messing with the bar girls, or getting involved with gangs. But thats pretty much any country. You just hear about it more in other countries, because they are much smaller and don't have much of a news outlet, and also have a "vacation" idea pasted to them, so people expect nothing but good things.

Thailand, Indonesia, Kenya, Morocco, etc etc etc. Sooooo many beautiful countries with very low cost of living and very friendly people (as long as you don't do stupid things)

You just want to stay in resort areas for some of these places that have resort areas and don't go outside those resort areas if you aren't familiar with the country.

Have you been to the countries you are hinting at? lol

I knkw people who have lived in rather scary central and South American places with no problems. 90% of what's on the news is sensationalized
  • LiftingLisa
    Options
    I would love to visit South America, but I'm scared for getting kidnapped.
  • LiftingLisa
    Options
    Oh, sorry Laura, I didn't read back. lol
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Not so sure about kidnapped, but more than likely murdered if they piss off the locals by doing something like sleeping with someones spouse, messing with the bar girls, or getting involved with gangs. But thats pretty much any country. You just hear about it more in other countries, because they are much smaller and don't have much of a news outlet, and also have a "vacation" idea pasted to them, so people expect nothing but good things.

Thailand, Indonesia, Kenya, Morocco, etc etc etc. Sooooo many beautiful countries with very low cost of living and very friendly people (as long as you don't do stupid things)

You just want to stay in resort areas for some of these places that have resort areas and don't go outside those resort areas if you aren't familiar with the country.

I knkw people who have lived in rather scary central and South American places with no problems. 90% of what's on the news is sensationalized

Yep. I don't even watch the news. It's always either plays on spreading fear to the masses, or skewing the facts. Just like how CNN does with the Bernie vs Hillary US debate. Calling New York, Hillary's home state, when Bernie was the one that was born and raised there.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Yep. I don't even watch the news. It's always either plays on spreading fear to the masses, or skewing the facts. Just like how CNN does with the Bernie vs Hillary US debate. Calling New York, Hillary's home state, when Bernie was the one that was born and raised there.

Completely agree with you there! I haven't watched the news in a few years. It is so misleading, twisted and depressing. I have some friends that tell I am ignorant for not watching and staying up with it. I see and hear what I need to and honestly think they are the ignorant ones for believing everything they see.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Im happy where I live .... :) ..mostly lol
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I be been to a couple of third world countries

You just need to be situationally aware and you'll be fine
  • LiftingLisa
    Options

I agree the media skewing facts or spreading fear, but that is only because people choose to believe everything they hear and don't do their own homework
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Yea the news irks me

Takes a perfectly reasonable occurrence and blows it out of proportion

• RunHardBeStrong
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yep, we never see the whole story. It's always twisted to make an interesting story.
  • JDubbs2
    JDubbs2 Posts: 3,789 Member
    Options
    The weather people are horrible too.