Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Replies

• nitroalley
    nitroalley Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited May 2016
    Since we are posting our prodigy I will post one of mine for a few. But don't copy cause I want to take her down.

• MrsUptonOgood
    MrsUptonOgood Posts: 1,897 Member
    Oh, look how pretty :)
  • MrsUptonOgood
    Daddy get your shotgun ready!!!!
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    She's beautiful Alan.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Thank you guys :). I know everyone thinks their kid is awesome, but he's such a cool little person. Sweet and caring and not a jerk. He is a peer leader in his grade and helps younger students who need it. He's got a great heart and spirit. I'm very lucky!

I have a good one too. I have to say the peer influence is strong and its pulling the wrong way. that said, he makes the right choices but so many parents just do not care what their kids do and when kids get to mid teens, the parents are absent. the kids come and go anywhere and do anything. 15 yrs olds having sleepouts campfires with booze and drugs. mine loves riding but his friends ride illegally and ask him to go. it is hard to make the right choice. hard as a parent to tell him he shouldn't do what his friends are doing especially at something he loves to do so much. parenting isn't for cowards as you all know.

Thank the good lord he loves his dad :) and still wants to hang out with me...but it is a relationship built on 15 years of being always present and available to him no matter what. So for you parents of younger children, this is cliche, but there is NO GREATER thing that you can do but be present and available to your kids :)

don't know what the future holds and i know he will make mistakes but in the end, I think he's gonna be ok :)
  • Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    Alan she is gorgeous
  • MrsUptonOgood
    Beautifully said Tom!!
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    beauty there Alan. nice work. looks just like you :) minus the dark hair and lack of facial hair :)
  • MrsUptonOgood
    We had a new kid in the neighborhood who stole spray paint from one person and used it to paint bad words on the road and another neighbor's property. The boy is only 10 yrs old.
  • nitroalley
    edited May 2016
    She has my blue eyes :p

Thanks everyone

Candy - Why do you think you never see me smile. I am practicing my scowl when the boys come a knocking!
  • MrsUptonOgood
    Alan, you're getting very good at it too :)
  • Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    So true Tom
  • MrsUptonOgood
    I won't post a picture of her, but my 16yr old step daughter is a knock out....thank goodness she is so int to the Church right now and she doesn't act like her mother.
  • MrsUptonOgood
    or her step mother when I was her age :D
  • jenjencin78
    Very well said Tom. I was raised by a very strict Mom and a more reasonable Dad. I'm now trying to strike a balance between the two parenting styles. I want them to understand that I mean business, but also that I'm here for them no matter what happens. I remind them every day when I drop them off at school "I love you, make good choices today, do good things." It seems to be working so far, although they're human so they screw up every now and then. I want them to feel comfortable coming to me when serious things come up. I never felt that way with my parents lol.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Good morning normies ..
    Have I missed anything good ..whos been naughty...any spankings needed here?
  • jenjencin78
    edited May 2016
    Good Morning Jo. I think we've mostly been behaving but I think some twerking may have occurred earlier in the day. I haven't been around all that much today though.
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Good morning lovely Jo.

Can I get spanked just in case? :#
  • nitroalley
    edited May 2016
    here is my older daughter - will delete her pic in a few too.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    **kitten* slap* ..Jen ;)
    Aww I missed pics Alan