Having Issues With Medication

Having problems with falling asleep,I just want to rest :( I have just taken for 3 weeks,need to wait for 6 weeks for it to work. It's been difficult but I am coping
:)

Replies

• GiGiJam80
    GiGiJam80 Posts: 22 Member
    Try lavender oil ... You can infuse it or try massaging your feet with a Lil bit before bed.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2016
    Open your diary.
    For me, even having chocolate after 3 pm can cause me to stay awake (caffeine sensitivity)
    Do you drink diet cokes w/ dinner?
    Also, shut off all cell phone, laptops etc 1 hour before sleep. Unplug. Read a book.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i like lavender in my humidifier, drinking chamomoile, catnip, lemon balm, sleepy time teas.
    i've taken melatonin and that worked too
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Having problems with falling asleep,I just want to rest :( I have just taken for 3 weeks,need to wait for 6 weeks for it to work. It's been difficult but I am coping

I'm confused. What medication are you taking and for what purpose?
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Good Afternoon OP -

If I'm not mistaken Lovan is an SSRI correct? You may want to consider taking a low dose of melatonin before bed, but check with your doctor first. Melatonin is a hormone that is produced in your body that initiates the sleep cycle. You may be having fluctuations while you get used to the new medication. I sometimes take melatonin to get back on a regular schedule if I've been traveling or staying up too late. I'm usually asleep thirty minutes after I take it. You can get it at a drug store - it's very effective and pretty safe, though again, run it by your doctor first ;). Good luck!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Open your diary.
    For me, even having chocolate after 3 pm can cause me to stay awake (caffeine sensitivity)
    Do you drink diet cokes w/ dinner?
    Also, shut off all cell phone, laptops etc 1 hour before sleep. Unplug. Read a book.

+1
    agree with all of this.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Check with your doctor. It might not be the right medicine for you.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Lovan, anxiety

Common side effects include trouble sleeping

Discuss with your doctor. Perhaps a medication specific to anxiety, rather than an SSRI antidepressant, would be a better fit for you.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member

Lovan, anxiety

Common side effects include trouble sleeping

Discuss with your doctor. Perhaps a medication specific to anxiety, rather than an SSRI antidepressant, would be a better fit for you.

Yes, and/or with your pharmacist.

Low dose melatonin (.5 mg) and some Benedryl are a possible OTC solution, but check with a medical professional before you try that.