Need Help Calories/ Weight gain anTreedical Treatment

Options
Morning,
Normally I would never post my problem in forum but I really need some help. Here it goes, Im 46 yrs old female and have been on a biologic medication (stelara) for about 3 months for health issue and yes its helping my medical condition with a price (all magic comes with a price) I keep gaining weight even though I workout almost everyday and watch my calorie in take (still have food moments) not horrible. My husband told me I'm doing too much and this causing my gain and I don't think Im doing enough and this is my problem.

Current activities:
1. Power walk everyday average 12 miles a day (Alternating walking fast with Running)
2. Pilates -2x's a week (2 hours)
3. Boxing-1x a week (60 min) Non stop (fitness class)
4. Body pump-1x a week (60 min) intense class /high reps
5. Power yoga - 1x a week (60 min)
6. P90X -1x a week (60 min) Crazy Class
7. Work at local gym (3 days a week) walking/standing entire time

The above is my weekly activities and my calories are set for 1300 and moves up with the exercise. On my heavy workout days when I do Body Pump, P90X and Boxing I will eat extra calories 200 to 300 more the other days I TRY to stay within the 1300 calories (fall off sometimes)

Do you think Im doing enough exercise or do you think I could do more? Anyone have experience with biologic medication and weight ?

Thanks,

Runngurl

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    After a quick google I noticed that a Stelara side effect is swelling - could this be the issue? If so that is something that you need to talk over with your doctor immediately.

If you do not think that this is swelling and you are sure that it is fat gain, you need to consider the CICO. 1300 is pretty low but looking at your profile, you're quite short and so, assuming that 1300 is a sensible target you would need to look at:
    • The accuracy of your "calories in" logging
    • The accuracy of your "calories out" logging
    • Considering if eating all your exercise calories is working

Best wishes