Exercises to slim my calves?

Options
I have extremely large calves! I mean they are my enemy! I can't wear any boots or skinny pants because of them. Sometimes jeans don't fit right because of them.

What are some exercises I can do to slim those babies down other than the basics of walking and stretching regularly?

Replies

• kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's not really possible to spot reduce specific body parts. Anecdotally, it seems to me that large calves are a genetic phenomenon, some people just have them naturally, while others can't grow them no matter how many calf raises they do.
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have extremely large calves! I mean they are my enemy! I can't wear any boots or skinny pants because of them. Sometimes jeans don't fit right because of them.

What are some exercises I can do to slim those babies down other than the basics of walking and stretching regularly?

You really can't target weight loss in one area. Unfortunately when it comes to 'slimming' something it is all about operating within a calorie deficit and your body loses fat from wherever it is genetically programmed to do so. There is no spot reduce technique. It is a myth perpetuated by the media. To slim your calves, you will just have to lose weight and wait until your body takes it from there.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I <3 big calves. Mine look large from some angles, but I wish they were still as big as they were 20 pounds ago.