How to start

Options
I don't know where to start. I was never a super fit person, but now I'm so lazy and bored that I don't know where to begin. I used to love sports but now i cant even attempt to play without getting winded or hurt. I just want to be happy with myself and motivated.

Replies

• dawntupper
    dawntupper Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Inputting everything you eat on here helps me greatly. I feel bad to input something bad so I say no. Start doing that.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Just start logging your food in. Don't even worry about the calories the first week. Just get into the habit. As far as exercise start small. Short walks or climbing up and down stairs. Increase the time slowly to avoid injury. Small steps can really add up to great accomplishments.
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I agree with dawn and Lizzy logging your food is the first step then commit to just a few minutes of exercise even walking in place while watching tv is a good start. Try walking every time a commercial comes on when that gets too easy try walking until a commercial comes on. Just start slow and work your way up to it you can do this!!
  • jonnucke
    jonnucke Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    thats a Great idea, once the kids are in bed i find it very difficult do do anything but watch tv, My goal is no more binge watching. Hard with Netflix.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    jonnucke wrote: »
    thats a Great idea, once the kids are in bed i find it very difficult do do anything but watch tv, My goal is no more binge watching. Hard with Netflix.

Another workout to do while watching TV.....

Deck of cards workout: Hearts = cardio, Diamonds = upper, Spades = lower, Clubs = abs.

Play: draw the 8 of hearts - do 8 jumping jacks, draw 10 of diamonds do 10 push ups .... etc. You can always modify by taking the big cards out of the deck at first. Then add those back in as things get easier.
  • Pathmonkey
    Pathmonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Keep getting winded.... eventually (and not too long) you'll realize you're getting stronger. Just have to start and push yourself.