I'm afraid if I lift weights I'll look like a bodybuilder

Options
Someone once told me that even going near a gym with weights will make me immediately look like the bodybuilders who are genetically gifted, lift 8 hours daily, have scientifically controlled diets and use legal or illegal performance drugs, and dedicate their lives to looking that way. it seems icky to me, I don't want to blow up like that just by taking my ignorant *kitten* in a gym and looking at a weight....

Also, since I drive a civic now I'm sure I could easily win the Indy 500.

I once had a bike as a kid, and now I'm sure I'm faster than Lance Armstrong..it doesnt look like theyre going THAT fast on tv..

I opened up a book once, and now I'm in mensa. Or at least according to that internet-iq test that popped up on my browser.

Since I see stuff on TV that I have no idea how to do, I assume it's easy and anyone can do it!!

Ok, this is satire folks. I find it not only ignorant but downright insulting for people to assume it takes little or no work to get big and muscular. I'm a dude and have been trying for 20 years, its not happening to a beginner human who doesnt even have significant levels of testosterone lol.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Love this post.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Ok, this is satire folks. I find it not only ignorant but downright insulting for people to assume it takes little or no work to get big and muscular. I'm a dude and have been trying for 20 years, its not happening to a beginner human who doesnt even have significant levels of testosterone lol.

Ha, I would wager a huge bet that next to no man on this planet has enough NATURAL testosterone to put on the mass that some of the pros do.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    My go to response...

dwight_zps63db99ba.jpg
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to go to school. I was afraid if I studied I would accidentally become a doctor....
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    IN
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    In as well.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Out.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Nooooooooooooooooooo! :sad:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I don't take up jogging/running. I'm afraid that I would accidentally become an elite marathon runner if I jogged a couple miles a day.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    This is exactly why I don't take up jogging/running. I'm afraid that I would accidentally become an elite marathon runner if I jogged a couple miles a day.

Stop. You are scaring me!!!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Yeah, lifting has really sucked for my body.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Some perspective. I'm a natural bodybuilder. I've been trying to build muscle for two years.
    11d29681-a972-4cdb-8815-042e9edff3c5_zpsb34afadf.jpg
    20130309_163710_zps6a8f333e.jpg
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I am scared to eat marshmallows. If I eat one, I might turn into the Michelin Man! :frown:
    I won't go down the aisle that has them at the grocery store just in case I look at a marshmallow and I start turning white and getting big!! It's scary!!!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Some perspective. I'm a natural bodybuilder. I've been trying to build muscle for two years.
    11d29681-a972-4cdb-8815-042e9edff3c5_zpsb34afadf.jpg
    20130309_163710_zps6a8f333e.jpg

^Also has a great tush.

Squats.<3
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I am scared to eat marshmallows. If I eat one, I might turn into the Michelin Man! :frown:
    I won't go down the aisle that has them at the grocery store just in case I look at a marshmallow and I start turning white and getting big!! It's scary!!!

Or the State Marshmallow Puff Man! Just remember, if someone asks if you are a god...you say yes!

tumblr_lw7gsy48T41qase8p.png
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    ^Also has a great tush.

Squats.<3

:flowerforyou: Thank you!
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Now if only it were that easy... perhaps i could like to look like a bodybuilder :laugh:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute...so because I have pool and use it frequently, I can beat Michael Phelps in a race?
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't sleep with women, in case I turn into one.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    My go to response...

dwight_zps63db99ba.jpg

funny. very funny.