Mom of 3 looking to get back in shape

I am 8 weeks postpardum and looking to lose 30 lbs. I am nursing. Is there any way to account for the calories burned by producing milk ?

Replies

• SharpMamaOf3
    SharpMamaOf3 Posts: 17 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm 3 weeks Postpartum and nursing as well. I would love to know how to account for those calories, so I'll definitely be following this conversation. From what I have read it's suppose to be about 20 calories per ounce, but I am unsure if that is accurate. :) Congratulations on the new addition and good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Add me
  • ashley869
    ashley869 Posts: 2 Member
    Mom of 3 here too! Adding you!
  • mlstaubin
    mlstaubin Posts: 32 Member
    Hey there! I lost 45lbs after having my son! I need to lose the last 10...would love to connect! I am new to this app but I am on FB a lot too https://www.facebook.com/melissahunter612 feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Dee_Denmark
    Dee_Denmark Posts: 8 Member
    Me too please! Four weeks postpartum.
  • _MissBrie
    _MissBrie Posts: 114 Member
    I found out that you can account for breast feeding in the food section! I always just add it to my snacks .. my daughter is one, so I put toddler..burns a little less calories.
    Please remember to take it easy for a while, dont overdo it!! I went back to the gym 3 weeks PP, and tore a muscle in my stomach and couldnt work out for months. Slow and steady, ladies!!! It is frustrating, but it is worth it. Remember, 9 months to get it on, 9 months to take it off.
    If you continue to breastfeed for the entire first year, have good nutrition(mostly, I have my cheat days), drink lots of water, and have moderate exercise for the first 6 months...you will lose ALL if not more of your baby weight.
  • lucyjoon402
    lucyjoon402 Posts: 65 Member
    Feel free to add me!! I've got 4 kiddos and still need to lose about 15 more lbs