Exercises for an injured calf?

Options
Hi, I recently (about a month ago) started the c25k and managed to pull my calf muscle. I recently went to the docs and have hot referred to a physio as it seems to not be healing, and just in general weak. I've been resting it and just generally doing a lot of walking. However, I want to do some kind of exercises as my weight loss is dropping, and I'm aware of how long it can take to get referred to a NHS physio. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas for exercises I could do that would not strain my calf, or knees too much.

Thanks for any help.

Katy

Replies

• librarianjenne
    librarianjenne Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm looking for the same info. I pulled or strained my calf muscle Friday and am going to the doc tomorrow if she thinks she needs to see me. Either way, I'll be off it for at least a few weeks, since I want to let it heal fully.

I'm planning to do swimming with a pull-buoy between my legs to keep my legs still. I'm also going to try a combination of light weight/ high rep upper body work and high-weight, low rep. I'm also going to work on strengthening my core and glutes.

Those are my ideas for now.