Women

Options
preston916
preston916 Posts: 14 Member
Do women look at men lifting super heavy weights? I know men do.

Replies

• preston916
    Options
    Like 400 lbs bench presses
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I think you are *really* asking are women impressed by this? Am I correct? Because if so, I can answer that. Just let me know.
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Sometimes.. Mostly due to the noises they make while doing it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I think you are *really* asking are women impressed by this? Am I correct? Because if so, I can answer that. Just let me know.

:laugh:
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I don't I typically avoid eye contact with everyone, try to remain in my own little world of lifting.
  • AngieGetsHealthyin2012
    Options
    I don't know that women are affected by the sight of men working out the same way that men are about women (or even other men). Sorry! :p
  • Rinai
    Rinai Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the noises guys make cause it makes me laugh or I end up making a surprised/weirded out face to whoever next to me. You can usually catch me looking at other girls and using that as either a reference for workout ideas or be being super impressed and motivating myself as my goal.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    A 400lb bench press would be impressive (assuming his butt is on the bench, and he actually touches his chest) If that was the case, I would probably look.

I would be more likely to look / admire a decent squat though. Do you know how rare it is to see a guy performing a squat of reasonable (parallel) depth?? Most either don't squat at all, or have 3-4" ROM.

Most importantly, I'd be WAY more impressed with a well executed lift at whatever weight, than a poorly executed excuse for a PR at a really heavy weight. Maxes are usually ugly, but there are still standards.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Yes, I look whenever anyone at my gym is doing something out of the ordinary.
  • preston916
    Options
    So yeah women do look.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Does it even matter if you are juicing and your weenie doesn't lift?
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Yup because I'm wondering if I'll have to rerack his plates when he's done
  • kdtesoriero
    kdtesoriero Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I look and watch for form or when someone drops the weights... If a guy is hot I will look even if he was picking up dog s*^t!
  • JulieJewlsWhatever
    JulieJewlsWhatever Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. I know I do.
  • yisell25
    yisell25 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    PANA_ wrote: »
    Are you asking how much I bench?

I am ;)
  • yisell25
    yisell25 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    preston916 wrote: »
    Do women look at men lifting super heavy weights? I know men do.

And honestly I do. Not going to lie. I love seeing the muscles in motion, facial expressions, grunting noises, and sweat dripping
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Options
    preston916 wrote: »
    So yeah women do look.

I would look if something startled me to look up in that direction. Otherwise, not so much.

I would be impressed if I saw the same person helping someone with a flat change a tire, hold a door open, etc. then, I would notice with a favorable impression. But 80% of the impressiveness would be the action, not the appearance.

• Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Would any woman be mildly impressed at me lifting 22 kg dumbbells? I can make really manly sounding grunting noises if required.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Options
    Scamd83 wrote: »
    Would any woman be mildly impressed at me lifting 22 kg dumbbells? I can make really manly sounding grunting noises if required.

;)