Baby food diet?

Options
124»

Replies

• BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Have you ever TASTED baby food. Um, YUCK. Most Moms/Dads out there have. I know I always tasted stuff I was giving to my son at that age. Its gross... and bland. Eat healthy "grown" up food, count your calories and get active... period.

I disagree, feeding my goddaughter and nephew and family babies....I actually quiet like some baby foods ! Although about 99% of my family "make their own baby food"....but hell no would I ever live of that !
  • goshnames
    goshnames Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    HEY. Some baby food bottles are really tasty, and I do eat them very rarely as a snack. They're probably tasty because of all the salt or sugar or something.

I also enjoy pureed veggies, but usually to pour over a hot sammich or something like a sauce. If you're REALLY into eating mush, it'd probably be healthier to make your own mush without the preservatives.

When you're old, every meal might end up pureed! Why not enjoy solids while you still can? :)
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    So I've been hearing a lot about this new fad diet. The diet itself make sense, you eat baby food for breakfast and lunch then eat a sensible dinner. The baby food is portioned and on average is about 50-80 calories a jar or pouch. So I decided to try it. But I've been sticking to the fruit flavored baby foods of obvious reasons (What sounds better, apple and mango or snow peas and squash?). Anyway the average fruit pouch of baby food has 10-14 grams of sugar. Could this cause high blood sugar? I normally eat 3 baby food pouches and a small dinner. Which puts me a little less than 1000 calories a day. (The HHS says that 1000 calories is considered a safe calorie intake for weight lose in woman).

This cannot be real.

tumblr_m6fsvwN9Iu1rwcc6bo1_400.gif
  • KellyyT
    KellyyT Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Eat normal veggies and fruit. Same idea, low cal, and it'll be alot more filling than baby food. baby food is typically high sugar, sodium, and not all that nutritious, which is why babies tend to need formula or milk to supplement. you can eat a full cup of watermelon for around 50 cals. or a peach, banana, or apple for closer to 80. you could pretty much just keep chewing on veggies and keep your cals down. that sounds alot better than a jar of mush.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about trying the "Baby Bird" diet. I am going to find a nice big, friendly mamma bird, and train it to regurgitate its semi-digested protein directly down my throat so I don't have to chew it and I can save those calories for a sensible dinner.

I've always wanted a penguin or a pelican, so what better time to get one?
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I seriously thought this was a joke when I read the topic!

STOP THE MADNESS!! What do you think is gonna happen when you start eating adult people food again?
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I never ate a baby before. How many calories would it be?
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    You are better off making yourself a fruit salad for lunch and breakfast, it'll still be around 80 calories depending on whats in it, the sugars are natural and it'll have more fibre to keep you full. On the other hand you could just eat 3 normal means and keep the weight off by being sensible and active.... fad diets work for 5 minutes then you gain the weight back plus more!
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    voting troll but in for the show...
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I have officially heard everything.

Our country has the saddest relationship with food. All we know is extremes. Eat ALL the food. Eat NONE of the food. How much easier is to eat baby food than it is to eat a couple pieces of fruit??? Or applesauce?