Blow out breakfast

Options
2 sausages, 2 hash brown, half a small baguette, 3 bacon and beans. God that was good. And I ate it in the knowledge that the 1200 calories I consumed shall be worn off playing golf later today. Might have pizza for dinner with a nice cold beer.

This is when dieting is great.

Replies

• ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    That must be some pretty intense golf. . Have a nice time.
  • scarlettsdad13
    scarlettsdad13 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It's about 7 mile walk playing golf. Up and down hills.
  • johnwelk
    johnwelk Posts: 396 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I just finished eating oatmeal with blueberries. Then I read about your breakfast. And now I want what you had. Maybe I'd add a couple of slices of bacon. Oh and some corned beef hash.
  • johnwelk
    johnwelk Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Sorry, saw you had bacon. Well a few more slices won't hurt.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Yum! Yes it is nice when you can have a big lovely meal like that and know it is guilt free and not going to get in the way of weight management.

So much to be said for being more conscious of calories in vs out. And activity you enjoy is a lovely way to burn up some calories.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    7 miles carrying or dragging clubs around. That sounds like a pretty good burn. Enjoy.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i love this! these are my favorite days when i know im gonna be doing a ton of activity! have fun!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love those days!! I do that on Mondays and Wednesdays sometimes, my biggest burn days! Like you said, it's all within calorie range and so freeing!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My very athletic hubby plays a lot of golf too and walks unless they won't let him on the weekends. I can't imagine the amount of miles he has logged on that golf course. Probably a ton. He doesn't carry his bag though. He has one of those remote control carts for your clubs. lol! That does seem like a high calorie burn for golf, but at least your walking!
    Hit 'em good! :smile:
  • JayWalk39
    JayWalk39 Posts: 68 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sorry, but a round of golf does not burn anywhere near 1200 calories. An average male RUNNING a half marathon burns just barely over 1200 calories!

And to think that you will have leftover calories to eat pizza and beer because of golf is just laughable!
  • scarlettsdad13
    edited March 2016
    Options
    22000 steps so far today. 1200 calories according to MFP and my step app. That's without telling either app that I'm playing golf, that's just steps.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    JayWalk39 wrote: »
    Sorry, but a round of golf does not burn anywhere near 1200 calories. An average male RUNNING a half marathon burns just barely over 1200 calories!

And to think that you will have leftover calories to eat pizza and beer because of golf is just laughable!

thr highest steps ive gotten while wearing my fitbit was 18,000 and i got an extrea 700 calories he walked another 4k ....and you caring so much is laughable.
  • scarlettsdad13
    Options
    I've got two apps telling me I've burned over 1200 calories today from walking alone.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I was curious about this too and looked online at some calorie estimates. (you know, cause everything online is true :wink: ). But a lot of websites did have walking and carrying a golf bag for 18 holes burns around 800 to 1200 calories. Our home course had a lot of hills, so I could see how you can get a good workout when walking and carrying clubs.

When I play with hubby we usually only play 9, take a cart and drink beer. So, I can't count my golf as exercise, but it sure is fun.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

Disagree...and I burn more than 1200 calories running a 1/2.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    22000 steps so far today. 1200 calories according to MFP and my step app. That's without telling either app that I'm playing golf, that's just steps.

Yeah but that doesn't mean that much. I mean, an app would probably tell me that I've burned 1200 calories by lunch too (assuming a good hour workout), but some of those would have been burned just sitting on my butt for 5 hours too, because BMR...

That being said, I can't see how it would be a problem for a man to fit a 1200 calories breakfast, I just doubt you're actually burning 1200 extra calories golfing. But yeah, perfect example of IIFYM, if it fits, it's great!
  • scarlettsdad13
    Options
    I'm using MFP to lose weight and I have done so before. That's telling me that through walking today I have burned 1200+ calories. MFP has been proven to work so that's what I'm going on.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

Where the heck did you get those estimates? I burn 1200 cals on a 17 mile run, but I weigh 120 lbs. Definitely much lighter than the average male.
  • JayWalk39
    JayWalk39 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Yeah but that doesn't mean that much. I mean, an app would probably tell me that I've burned 1200 calories by lunch too (assuming a good hour workout), but some of those would have been burned just sitting on my butt for 5 hours too, because BMR...

This!