Recommended protein shakes/meal replacements!? (In stores)

Options
Hello world I'm looking to find what people like for meal replacement / protein shakes in stores. I've seen a lot of muscle gaining ones but I'm looking for one that aids in weight loss that can be purchased in stores and your success with them!?!?

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Meal replacements/shakes are not needed to lose weight. To lose weight, you have to be in a calorie deficit. You could drink all the shakes you want, but if you are not in a deficit you will not lose weight.

Save your money and eat real food. Follow the recommended calorie goal MfP set for you.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Real food. Much yummier.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I often use Pure Protein from walmart or target.
    Try the bars first to see if you can tolerate the taste of protein.
    Protein helps you feel full, therefore they can help you lose weight.
    I would rather have chicken, fish, boiled egg, even beans.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I often use Pure Protein from walmart or target.
    Try the bars first to see if you can tolerate the taste of protein.
    Protein helps you feel full, therefore they can help you lose weight.
    I would rather have chicken, fish, boiled egg, even beans.

That may be the case for some people, but not everyone. Everyone is different and what makes them feel full varies. Protein doesn't make me feel full and I often am hungry again not long after eating something that was protein heavy. Carbs make me full.
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm use GNC's Lean Shakes but I'm going to try the Fitmiss shakes from Amazon soon. I work at a job where I don't leave my desk at lunch. You guys can look at my food today and see that I think I'm doing pretty well even using a meal replacement shake. I'm not say it is ideal and I don't drink them every day but during certain shifts, it's basically my only option. I'm probably going to keep using them on days when I know I'm going to eat out for dinner and I need something quick.