Recall (Salmonella Outbreak): RAW Meal Organic Shake and Meal Replacement Products

I don't drink these, and honestly don't know where to post this, but I get the daily emails on food recalls and saw this in my inbox this morning and thought there may be some here that use this:

http://www.fda.gov/Food/RecallsOutbreaksEmergencies/Outbreaks/ucm484187.htm

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2016
    Buying raw ground food in containers at a store scares me.
    Best Used by: 09/2017” - can stay on shelves for that long?
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Thanks for the info. I don't drink anything like that but it's always good to know what foods are being recalled. I had salmonella that got into my blood stream 4 years ago and it nearly killed me so I'd be curious about getting those daily emails like you're getting. Can you steer me in the direction of signing up for them?
  • elroyalty
    elroyalty Posts: 30 Member

LOL I didn't even know that's what the "raw" part of it was! Just saw "shake and meal replacement" and thought, maybe somebody on here uses it!
  • elroyalty
    elroyalty Posts: 30 Member
    luluinca wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. I don't drink anything like that but it's always good to know what foods are being recalled. I had salmonella that got into my blood stream 4 years ago and it nearly killed me so I'd be curious about getting those daily emails like you're getting. Can you steer me in the direction of signing up for them?

If you go here: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ i believe there should be a link that you can file to sign up.. I did it a while ago so I think that's the link I used to get the updates - you should be able to choose how often. I just get one email a day or so and scroll through it. Haven't had anything to throw away yet, but we had a friend with a close call from an undisclosed allergen (which they also tell you about), so I always take a glance.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    elroyalty wrote: »
    luluinca wrote: »

If you go here: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ i believe there should be a link that you can file to sign up.. I did it a while ago so I think that's the link I used to get the updates - you should be able to choose how often. I just get one email a day or so and scroll through it. Haven't had anything to throw away yet, but we had a friend with a close call from an undisclosed allergen (which they also tell you about), so I always take a glance.

Thanks....I'll check it out!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

Which raw ingredients scare you in it? Presumably you buy things like flour -- this powder is made of things like beans and seeds -- things that are commonly purchased raw.