Damn Easter Candy

Options
Blew it the last few days on Easter Candy... Peanut butter cups to be exact... I swear they are the Devils candy!

Back on track today again, just needed to vent!

Anyone else have a downfall candy around the Holidays?

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
  • angelapolite72
    angelapolite72 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Whatever candy I get, will be put out on my desk at work for everyone else to enjoy!
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    When white fudge covered Oreo's are out around Christmas and Hollow chocolate bunnies for Easter.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    nz8gx5hzbb9c.jpg

Man, those are good. They have a giant display of them at CVS and I had to walk by them a bunch of times yesterday. Thank goodness those weren't from the faulty batch!

They will be in my belly on Easter, though. Along with some peanut M&Ms and a cadbury cream egg or three.
  • jpena412
    jpena412 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter Easter eggs are totally my downfall too! I bought them KNOWING full well that I wasn't going to be able to resist temptation. I guess they're worth exercising the extra 10 minutes to burn them off??
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    yes! ^^^
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Not unless mom made opera fudge again. Doubtful, since it's an all-day process that takes a split-second towards the end to go horribly wrong and I haven't gotten any excited/crushed phone calls about the success/failure as of yet.

I do love Buckeyes, and will eat those until I'm full, but those are Christmas candies for us, not Easter.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Mini eggs are good. I am thinking about going to Target or Fred Meyer on Monday or Tuesday and picking up a few clearance bags if they have any dark chocolate ones left.

Other than that, Easter candy is meh. I'm looking more forward to Easter dinner - grilled sockeye salmon, spinach, strawberry and goat cheese salad, baked potato, and white wine. Nom, nom, nom!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Um...don't buy candy. Done.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    It's Good Friday, so not an issue for me. I tend to strictly hold off on Easter candy until Easter (or maybe the party after the Vigil) and then celebrate for a day and put it away. Candy's not really my thing anyway -- lamb and potatoes and asparagus and some sort of dessert on Easter, plus some deviled eggs is more my weakness.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Replace candy with whiskey, and there's my upcoming weekend. At least I won't intake any carbs :lol:
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My mom sent me chocolates from a local place that I can't get here. They're my favourite and they are so not making it to Easter. Mmmmmm <3
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Granny's cheesy potatoes will do me in this weekend. More worth it than the candy.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    nz8gx5hzbb9c.jpg

This.
    My. Fav.
    When I have these it isnt long before I ask..."where did my eggs go?" .... "oh, never mind".....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate all year so not on candy, no... but ask me again on Sunday after the tasty desserts we're going to have...
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    dlz1570 wrote: »
    Blew it the last few days on Easter Candy... Peanut butter cups to be exact... I swear they are the Devils candy!

Back on track today again, just needed to vent!

Anyone else have a downfall candy around the Holidays?

Just eat a few or keep it out of the house entirely. Self control. Self restraint. Definitely a hard trait to get used to, but it is possible. My weakness is Cadbury cream eggs, but I haven't had one in over two years for the Easter season. I keep jelly beans in the house, but I limit myself to 2-3 daily, so it's only 40 calories or so. I stay away mostly because of the sugar, I know I could make the calories fit my macros.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    ^My daughter had a bag of Butterfinger bites left over from the movie theatre. I had them stored in the freezer and would eat 2 or 3 of them every night while I was cooking dinner. Got tired of it and finally threw them out last night so I wouldn't tempt myself. lol
  • brrrycicle
    brrrycicle Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    jpena412 wrote: »
    Peanut butter Easter eggs are totally my downfall too! I bought them KNOWING full well that I wasn't going to be able to resist temptation. I guess they're worth exercising the extra 10 minutes to burn them off??

pteghfvdu03a.jpg

• Cirque95
    Cirque95 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've done some Easter baking with cadbury creme eggs but gave the majority of them away - I love baking during the holidays and try to give most of it away, but I try at least one because I'd be miserable otherwise haha. Easter eggs are definitely my weakness, me and my boyfriend thought it would be nice to buy each other an Easter egg this year so I'll have one to eat this weekend. I'm gonna eat healthy all day though and do some form of exercise - I guess it is only one day a year and as long as it actually ends this Sunday I should be alright haha.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Not me.
    We bought Cabury eggs and some peeps. I put them in a drawer and haven't thought about them since. I don't particularly like them and didn't really want any candy for myself.
    The candy I like is available year round. I eat a few pieces occasionally but I prefer salty snacks.